Travelled to Italy 6 times previously and stayed- Puglia, Rome, Florence, Venice, Sicily, Sardinia, Cinque Terre, Urbino, Spello, Pisa
Speak a little Italian
Middle aged couple, independent travellers who prefer budget value apartment stays or small B&Bs/hotels
We are not interested in car travel, prefer local bus and train travel
Prefer to select a base to stay for a week at a time if possible- enjoy small village life- but also open to larger towns for transport hub
Already booked: Flying into Rome from Australia, spend 2 nights before heading off ( we have spent quite a lot of time in Rome before)- have also booked our last night in Rome before flying back to Australia.
Arrive Rome May 14- depart June 17
I enjoy planning the trip almost as much as actual journey, but I would love some itinerary input and then I can hopefully flesh out the rest.
A "round": trip of sorts- with the goal of travelling from Rome to visit Northern Italy, the Lakes area and then returning to Rome via Ligurian coast.
eg Rome- Arezzo- Verona-Lake Como ( Varenna) - Genoa- Rome
Considering visiting Vicenza, Verona, Padova, Modena, Parma, Varenna, Milan?, Santa Margherita Ligura- but open to all suggestions really!
My pleasant dilemma is if we want to choose 3 or maybe 4 bases ( preferably apartment living) from which to explore, which would be the best towns to do this from?
Thanks in advance for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 세븐카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼라이브카지노˚생중계카지노
- 2 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 3 Top Tapas Tascas
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 7 Iceland car rental agencies
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 London with Teens Trip Report
- 10 Best Viking Sites
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Ex-pats with young kids
- 13 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 16 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 17 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 21 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 25 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
Itinerary help please- 5 weeks- Northern Italy, Liguria, Tuscany?-