Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany or Sweden
- 2 Alitala
- 3 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 4 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 5 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 6 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 7 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 8 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 9 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 10 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 11 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 12 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 13 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 14 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 PARIS
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 London vacation rental agency
- 20 Sicily help
- 21 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 22 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 23 Christmas markets
- 24 Airline to Rome
- 25 SE ITALY