Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 2 Travel WiFi - France
- 3 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 4 Help with itinerary
- 5 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 6 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 7 3 nights in Paris
- 8 1 day trip from Nice
- 9 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 10 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 11 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 12 Planning Advice!
- 13 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 14 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 15 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 16 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 17 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 18 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Our European adventures
- 21 Walking Scotland
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 24 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 25 Were to stay near Lecce?