Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 2 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 3 Lake Garda- Italy
- 4 European Championship
- 5 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 6 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 7 Plan Italy trip
- 8 sim card
- 9 http://garciniaweightlose.com/garcinia-active-slim/
- 10 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 11 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 12 when you consider that it swivels
- 13 Train from Rome to Naples
- 14 How to reduce weight
- 15 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 16 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 17 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 18 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 19 http://glycematefacts.com/zetaclear/
- 20 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
- 21 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 22 Spain to Morocco
- 23 Sardinia, Italy
- 24 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 25 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month