Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday Itinerary
- 2 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 7 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 8 How much do i need?
- 9 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 10 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 11 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 12 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 13 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 14 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 AVE train tickets questions.
- 17 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)
- 18 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 19 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 22 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 Path of the Gods Question
- 25 Loire Valley 12 days