Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 2 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 3 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 4 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 5 Loire Valley itinerary
- 6 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 7 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 8 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 9 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 10 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 11 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 12 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 13 Europe Itinerary
- 14 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 15 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 16 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 17 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 18 Currency
- 19 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 20 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Breakfast: London
- 23 Montpellier to Arles
- 24 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 25 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia