Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 6 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 7 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 8 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 9 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 10 French immersion courses in France
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 Italy in a week
- 15 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 18 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 19 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 20 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 21 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 22 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 23 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 24 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 25 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales