Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 2 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 3 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 6 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 7 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 11 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 14 2 weeks Europe trip
- 15 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 16 Transportation
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 4 days in Provence in early June
- 19 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 20 Leather goods in Florence
- 21 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 22 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 23 France Itinerary Advice
- 24 Trip to Rome
- 25 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?