Need some help on figuring out an itinerary. We (4 adults in 60's but active) will be disembarking from a river boat cruise in Chalon Sur Saone, France on Sept 14th and flying out of Geneva at 10:30 am Sept 18th. Because Chalon does not carry a large enough car rental we were going to take a train to Lyon and rent some type of SUV and drive towards the Geneva area, but then was advised to take a train from Chalon to Lyon to Geneva and pick up car there.
First of all, your thoughts on that. Then, where should we base ourselves and suggestions on day tours and where to stay. From what I've read in past threads, if we are going to the area, then staying on the lake is a must!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day Italy
- 2 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 5 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 8 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 France, UK and Ireland
- 13 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 14 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 15 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 16 Ireland
- 17 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 18 What do after Bernia Express?
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 21 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 22 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 23 Santorini lodging
- 24 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 25 El Pastrami en Madrid