Hi there. Flying into Lisbon and out of Porto four days later. (Only flight option for the Ascension holiday weekend). First visit to Portugal ( but we live in Luxembourg so there will probably be others). Big fans of history, food and beaches (especially the latter for our 8 year old). Would love recs for an itinerary and whether to rent a car. Don't want to be running the whole time, so toying with two days in or around Lisbon (or Sintra?), then maybe two days at a beach town near Porto so we can catch a morning flight. But totally open at this point. Would love suggestions on the right approach. Thanks, Ken
Itinerary help - four days in Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 2 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 3 venice, italy
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 6 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 7 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 8 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Home Base in Belgium
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 April in Madrid
- 13 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 14 Big and little towns of Europe
- 15 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 16 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 21 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 22 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 23 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 24 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 25 Which Florence hotel?