Need some itinerary help for an upcoming 9 days travel in Austria. We are travelling second time to Europe from Asia, and are Christians (mentioning it as we are travelling during the Easter weekend, would not say no to attending some part of the church service on easter)
We are not much of museum and palace lovers, as we had a over dose of it in France and Italy trip, but like village, scenic landscapes etc.
Day 1: 25th March (Good Friday ) Reach Vienna airport at 9:00 AM
Check in the hotel. And rest of the day follow as much as possible according to the walking tour guide bigboytravel.com/europe/…
Day 2: 26th March Saturday If anything is left out from the walking tour guide, we visit them and do the Ringstrasse Tram tour . bigboytravel.com/europe/…
Visit Easter markets
Day 3: 27th March - EASTER SUNDAY:
Leave to Bad Ischl where we have a booking for 3 nights. Should we go to Bad Ischl on easter day or should we go to Salzburg? From a Easter perspective,which one would be the best place to go directly?
Should we go to Sazlburg directly and then visit the easter markets or so, and then take a bus to Bad Ischll in the night for our stay?
Day 4: 28th March - Easter Monday - Trip to HALLSTAT in the morning? And later in the afternoon visit Gosau in the evening? Back to Bad Ischl for the night
Day 5: 29th March - Tuesday - Trip to Wolfsgang and the nearby villages? Or can you suggest something which would be much better. We are totally open to ideas.
Day 6: 30th March - Wednesday - Take bus early morning to Salzburg ( 2 nights accomodation is reserved).
Just go and see the Salzburg city and the old town for the day
Day 7: 31th March - Thursday - Any suggestions for day trip?? Obersalzberg, Königsee and the town of Berchtesgaden????
Day 8. 1st April - Friday - Checkout and take train to Munich
Just roam around in the city
Day 9: 2nd th April - Saturday - Afternoon Flight back home.
We also dont want to rush to see everything, but would prefer logical reasonable things to visit.
Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 13 International Flight Question
- 14 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 15 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 16 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 17 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 18 Luggage Storage
- 19 LIsbon
- 20 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days