I am needing help deciding where to stay for the second half of my trip to Italy. I want to head to South on Jan. 2 from Rome and then return to Rome Jan. 6 in the evening.
I am traveling with my husband, and 3 children ages 9, 12, 17.
I was debating if to stay as base in Sorrento or Salerno, but I keep reading that Sorrento there's more to do.
A friend of mine said Salerno is better because of transportation for day trips.
For now, I have booked at Corso Italia Suites in Sorrento. (does anyone recommend?)
Is it convenient for day trips to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Naples and Capri (if the weather and transportation permits)?
If weather is good, I would like to go from Rome to Pompeii directly (leave luggage in the lockers) and then Pompeii to Sorrento. If I do that, should I rent a car? Or should I just use public transportation?
If I go Rome directly to Sorrento, what's the best way of getting there? Is it true that the bus/train rides are very limited this time of year?
We love quaint towns, good authentic restaurants, beautiful scenery. We like to feel like a local.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노게임사이트ヰ／／」 BMB95。COM 「／ヰ／슈퍼카지노
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 Another tipping question: concierges
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Luggage Storage
- 12 Back from Paris
- 13 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 18 Trip suggestion
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Summer Travel order
- 21 LIsbon
- 22 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 23 Corfu
- 24 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 25 Copenhagen to Stockholm