I am needing help deciding where to stay for the second half of my trip to Italy. I want to head to South on Jan. 2 from Rome and then return to Rome Jan. 6 in the evening.
I am traveling with my husband, and 3 children ages 9, 12, 17.
I was debating if to stay as base in Sorrento or Salerno, but I keep reading that Sorrento there's more to do.
A friend of mine said Salerno is better because of transportation for day trips.
For now, I have booked at Corso Italia Suites in Sorrento. (does anyone recommend?)
Is it convenient for day trips to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Naples and Capri (if the weather and transportation permits)?
If weather is good, I would like to go from Rome to Pompeii directly (leave luggage in the lockers) and then Pompeii to Sorrento. If I do that, should I rent a car? Or should I just use public transportation?
If I go Rome directly to Sorrento, what's the best way of getting there? Is it true that the bus/train rides are very limited this time of year?
We love quaint towns, good authentic restaurants, beautiful scenery. We like to feel like a local.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our future trip to Greece
- 2 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 car insurance italy
- 11 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 12 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 13 Venice/Mestre
- 14 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Spanish Medical Providers
- 17 Transylvania - June 2018
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Krakow
- 22 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 23 Quizz !
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP