I am needing help deciding where to stay for the second half of my trip to Italy. I want to head to South on Jan. 2 from Rome and then return to Rome Jan. 6 in the evening.
I am traveling with my husband, and 3 children ages 9, 12, 17.
I was debating if to stay as base in Sorrento or Salerno, but I keep reading that Sorrento there's more to do.
A friend of mine said Salerno is better because of transportation for day trips.
For now, I have booked at Corso Italia Suites in Sorrento. (does anyone recommend?)
Is it convenient for day trips to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Naples and Capri (if the weather and transportation permits)?
If weather is good, I would like to go from Rome to Pompeii directly (leave luggage in the lockers) and then Pompeii to Sorrento. If I do that, should I rent a car? Or should I just use public transportation?
If I go Rome directly to Sorrento, what's the best way of getting there? Is it true that the bus/train rides are very limited this time of year?
We love quaint towns, good authentic restaurants, beautiful scenery. We like to feel like a local.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 Renting a car in Greece
- 6 renting a car in greece
- 7 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 8 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 9 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 retruning to US with souveniers
- 13 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 18 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 19 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 20 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Can you locate this picture in Greece?