We are planning a trip to Scotland for August, and we have sketched out a plan with 3 days in Edinburgh, 2 days on Skye, 1-2 days on Lewis and Harris, and 4-5 in the western Highlands (with the time split between getting to and from the islands). Hoping for some beautiful scenery and time outdoors.
We'd like to see Glen Coe, and likely Loch Ness (for the younger members of the party), and we are hoping for ideas on routes and where to stay. We were thinking of maybe doing a loop of Oban-Loch Ness-Lewis/Harris-Skye-Loch Lomond (taking the ferry from Ullapool to Lewis, and then from Tarbert to Skye) but we were wrestling with how to plan the time between Oban and Lewis/Harris-- should we stay around Loch Ness, and then head over to Ullapool to catch the ferry, or should we try to see Loch Ness and then head someplace on the west coast like Kyle of Lochalse or Plockton and use the Uig-Harris ferry in both directions.
Any suggestions for our route or where to stay around Loch Ness (or Loch Lomond) that would be convenient and interesting?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 2 1 month in Europe
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 8 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 LIsbon
- 12 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 London Hotels
- 15 Iceland in 7 days.
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Luggage Storage
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Paris hotels
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 UK: "Ghost Trains!"