We are planning a trip to Scotland for August, and we have sketched out a plan with 3 days in Edinburgh, 2 days on Skye, 1-2 days on Lewis and Harris, and 4-5 in the western Highlands (with the time split between getting to and from the islands). Hoping for some beautiful scenery and time outdoors.
We'd like to see Glen Coe, and likely Loch Ness (for the younger members of the party), and we are hoping for ideas on routes and where to stay. We were thinking of maybe doing a loop of Oban-Loch Ness-Lewis/Harris-Skye-Loch Lomond (taking the ferry from Ullapool to Lewis, and then from Tarbert to Skye) but we were wrestling with how to plan the time between Oban and Lewis/Harris-- should we stay around Loch Ness, and then head over to Ullapool to catch the ferry, or should we try to see Loch Ness and then head someplace on the west coast like Kyle of Lochalse or Plockton and use the Uig-Harris ferry in both directions.
Any suggestions for our route or where to stay around Loch Ness (or Loch Lomond) that would be convenient and interesting?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 2 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 3 One free day in Barcelona
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 7 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 8 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 9 An evening in London
- 10 NYT article
- 11 Sicily help
- 12 Rome to Venice
- 13 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 16 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 21 Rome -- The next time around
- 22 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 25 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen