I'm starting from Amsterdam and ending at Venice. I would like to visit French/Italian countryside or villages on the way to Venice. I have about 20 days starting in France to the end of my journey.
For ease of transport, can I do this by train only or should I rent a car in France or Italy? I don't like driving steep/hilly roads.
My interests include sightseeing, open spaces, winery visits, experiencing local culture, and not rushing around.
I would like to incorporate a stopover at Cinque Terre.
itinerary help for French/Itlaian countryside visit
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 4 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 5 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 6 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 7 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 8 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 9 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 10 American Express
- 11 Airport ATMs
- 12 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 13 Three ferries to Mull
- 14 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 20 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 23 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 24 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 25 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014