So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Itinerary Help For About 11 Days in Paris and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 7 Airport ATMs
- 8 American Express
- 9 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 10 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 11 Help with European vacation plan
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 16 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 17 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 18 Story of the German Christmas star
- 19 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 20 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 21 Three ferries to Mull
- 22 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 23 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples