So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 2 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 8 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 9 "Never Mind"
- 10 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 11 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 12 Italian car factory tours
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 16 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 17 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 18 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 19 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 20 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 21 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 22 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 23 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 24 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 25 Via del Sale, Italy