So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight Train Questions
- 2 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 3 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 4 Italy - best two central locations
- 5 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 6 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 7 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 8 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 9 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 10 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 11 Vet my itinerary
- 12 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 13 Amsterdam hotels
- 14 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 15 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 16 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 17 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 19 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 20 Istanbul tour guides?
- 21 Flamenco Shows
- 22 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 23 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 24 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 25 St Remy area for Provence base?