So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Itinerary Help For About 11 Days in Paris and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art in Paris
- 2 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 Great London Bars with a view
- 5 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 6 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 9 I dream of Europe
- 10 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 11 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 12 Reykjavik hotels
- 13 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 16 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 17 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 18 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 19 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 22 Help with England/Wales tour
- 23 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 24 Hotels that we found special
- 25 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)