So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Itinerary Help For About 11 Days in Paris and France
- 1 Lake como
- 2 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 3 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 4 Getting around in Tuscany
- 5 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 6 Venice in Jan
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 9 Public transport from Ostuni
- 10 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 11 British drivers
- 12 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 13 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 14 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 17 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 21 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 22 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 23 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 24 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 25 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!