So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Itinerary Help For About 11 Days in Paris and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 2 Pompeii train to Naples
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 5 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 6 No points in Paris .....
- 7 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 8 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 9 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 10 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 11 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 15 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 16 best time to book accommodation
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Sicily - not a trip report
- 22 Chip but no PIN
- 23 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace