So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 7 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 Dijon in December!
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 15 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Korean Messages
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!