So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 2 Belgium advice
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 6 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 7 Rome for a week
- 8 Ireland to Scotland
- 9 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 10 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 11 Barcelona 4 days and Lisbon 3 days.
- 12 Overnight Train Questions
- 13 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 14 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 15 Poland in September
- 16 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 17 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 18 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 19 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 20 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 21 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 24 Amalfi or Positano
- 25 Rome to Positano