So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lake garda or lake como and how many nights
- 2 Hotel Aiguablava or Parador AB Spain ?
- 3 Itinerary help: beach in Turkey?
- 4 Shortest return to Paris (or somewhere else you loved) after coming home
- 5 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 6 Buy back lease program?
- 7 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 8 Last minute London hotel recommendation needed
- 9 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 10 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 11 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 12 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 13 Must do/see in Rome
- 14 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 15 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 16 Eiffel Tower - look at it, eat there, or go up
- 17 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 18 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 19 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 20 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 21 Best way to deal with large, cash-only lodging bill - Amsterdam
- 22 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 23 Considering change in Mid-Italy itinerary
- 24 Day trip suggestions from Beaune, France & Burgundy
- 25 Croatia/Slovenia itinerary