So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Checking email
- 2 Italy, Spain and France
- 3 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 4 My summer in Paris
- 5 Looking to avoid big events on trip to Amsterdam, Lucerne, Salz. and Prague
- 6 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 7 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 10 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 11 The Road to Ruins - 25 Days in Istanbul & Road Tripping thru Western Turkey
- 12 Tuscany Chianti area - agriturismo or apt - what's your favorite?
- 13 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 14 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 15 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 16 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 17 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 18 Schegen Question- Leaving w/Visa and Reentry as Tourist
- 19 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 20 Absolute best neighborhood to stay in for first time in Istanbul?
- 21 Montpellier - A few questions
- 22 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 23 Andalucia Itinerary
- 24 Trains to and from Granada
- 25 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015