So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Itinerary Help For About 11 Days in Paris and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 2 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 3 British English
- 4 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 5 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 6 Spain for 7 days
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 9 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 10 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 11 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 12 Passport Delays
- 13 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 14 Brugge photo on Bing
- 15 A town in France for a month
- 16 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 17 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 18 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 19 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 21 Spending money in Italy?
- 22 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 23 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 24 Normandy in October
- 25 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip