So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Itinerary Help For About 11 Days in Paris and France
- 1 Germany and Italy
- 2 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 3 Which tour company would be best?
- 4 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 5 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 8 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 9 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 10 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 11 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 12 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 13 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 14 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 15 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 16 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 17 London at Xmas
- 18 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 19 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 20 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 21 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 22 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 23 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 24 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 25 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas