So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Itinerary Help For About 11 Days in Paris and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 2 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 3 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Europe in 21 days
- 6 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 7 Spain Questions
- 8 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 9 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 10 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 11 Avignon to London?
- 12 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 13 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 16 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 one last portugal car rental question
- 20 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 21 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 22 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 23 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 24 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 25 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?