So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 2 What one thing in Paris?
- 3 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 6 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 7 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 8 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 9 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 10 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 11 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 12 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 13 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 14 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 15 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 16 6 days in Portugal in December
- 17 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 18 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 19 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 20 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 21 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 22 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 23 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 Northern Italy - where to go?