So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 6 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 7 Globus Iberian Tour
- 8 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 9 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 10 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 11 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Poland to Austria In December
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 17 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 18 Tracking the Weather
- 19 Shorts in South of France?
- 20 2 weeks in the Balkans
- 21 Spain: train/rental car help
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 25 Alsace to Austria?