So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands (small)
- 2 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 3 Scotland in 7 Days
- 4 Azores
- 5 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 6 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 7 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 12 Cascais or Algarve?
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 15 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 18 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 23 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)