So myself and a Friend with maybe an extra person are trying to plan a 1st trip to Paris in the first week of June. We were trying to be more adventurous by including a trip to Florence & Rome but decided to cut down and enjoy being in France.
Our current idea is to be in Paris for about 10 days to take our time touring and not feel rushed. Also one of those days would include a trip to Versailles. Also we plan to hopefully rent an Apt rather than hotel/hostel which maybe more cost efficient for the amount of time.
June 3: Fly In to Paris from NYC
June 4: Paris
June 5th Paris
June 6: day trip to Versaille
June 7: Paris
June 8: Paris
June 9: Leave Paris for Provence?
June 10: Provence?
June 11: Provence?
June 12: Fly Home from Paris
We are interested in getting a feel for another area of France thats more relaxed than Paris. We are both 24 and it will be our first time in Europe. We enjoy looking at villages, exploring, museums, Churches, wine, but somewhere that is lively and accessible with public transit is helpful!
I have been trying to research Provence area or Lyons? Is it even worth going for 2.5 Days?
Recommendations for either area or somewhere entirely different would be great! Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Amsterdam
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 8 Scenic cruise advice
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 12 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 13 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 15 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 16 God Save the Queen?
- 17 Spanish Medical Providers
- 18 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 19 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Iceland early december visit
- 22 Paris to Italy
- 23 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 24 8 Days in Spain
- 25 9 Days in Spain