I am currently in the midst of a six month journey around Europe. I leave England for Amsterdam on Oct 14, arriving early on the 15th. Halloween is not massively important to me, but it would be fun if anything interesting was happening close by, and a google search revealed 1 article that mentions Ostend in Belgium as one of the top 10 European places to spend halloween.
Has anyone been here for the festivities? Is it any good? Is Ostend worth a visit just for itself? Obviously the weather makes it less of a draw as a coastal town, but is there anything else worth visiting? I will be staying in Bruges for at least one night, so could visit from there rather than staying in Ostend itself.
The second part of my question is, if it IS worth visiting Ostend for Halloween, how shall I fill the 4 extra days in Belgium I now have?
Current itinerary is this:
Oct 15: arrive Amsterdam 9:00am (17 hour bus from Nottingham)
Oct 16: Amsterdam
Oct 17: to Haarlem
Oct 18: Haarlem
Oct 19: to The Hague
Oct 20: The Hague, hopefully daytrip to Delft
These hostels have already been booked: I am flexible after this point, but figured something like this:
Oct 21: to Antwerp
Oct 22: Antwerp
Oct 23: Ghent
Oct 24: Ghent
Oct 25: Bruges
Oct 26: Brussels
Oct 27: Brussels
Oct 28: Luxembourg
And then on down through France to Spain, where I fly home Dec 3.
So how can I revamp this to land in Bruges/Oostende on the 31st? I don't want to do too much backtracking, and I don't want to feel like I'm killing time to get to the 31st. Is there anything obvious that I am missing?
Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 2 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 3 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 4 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 5 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 6 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 7 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 8 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 9 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 10 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 13 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 14 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 17 Passport proplems
- 18 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 23 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 24 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 25 Getting from Positano to Rome