I'm planning a trip for 2 weeks (end of June/beg of July) starting off in Barcelona for 4-5 days. Aside from Barcelona, we're not set in stone on any destination (considering Ibiza, Nice, Monaco in between) and ending in either Paris or possibly Venice?
For anyone who has traveled from Barcelona to France/Italy, what would be some good places to visit (either stay or for day trips ie. Is Montserrat worth visiting or stay in Barcelona the extra day?). We're open to visiting French/Italian Riviera, other places in France (Paris) or Italy. Also wanted to know when it makes sense to fly vs. taking a train (ie. Barcelona to Nice via air?)
Two of us have been to Europe before but for one person in our group it's a first trip to Europe so they'll probably want to visit 3-4 cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Lisbon hotel
- 3 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 4 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 Italy
- 11 4 Days in Tuscany
- 12 If you had to choose one......
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 17 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Revised itinerary for italy
- 20 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 24 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 25 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
Itinerary Help! Barcelona to French Riviera to Paris/Venice