I'm planning a trip for 2 weeks (end of June/beg of July) starting off in Barcelona for 4-5 days. Aside from Barcelona, we're not set in stone on any destination (considering Ibiza, Nice, Monaco in between) and ending in either Paris or possibly Venice?
For anyone who has traveled from Barcelona to France/Italy, what would be some good places to visit (either stay or for day trips ie. Is Montserrat worth visiting or stay in Barcelona the extra day?). We're open to visiting French/Italian Riviera, other places in France (Paris) or Italy. Also wanted to know when it makes sense to fly vs. taking a train (ie. Barcelona to Nice via air?)
Two of us have been to Europe before but for one person in our group it's a first trip to Europe so they'll probably want to visit 3-4 cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 2 Budapest questions round 1
- 3 Riviera roadtrip
- 4 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 5 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 6 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 7 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 8 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 9 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 10 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 11 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 12 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 13 Barcelona in 2 Days
- 14 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 15 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 16 Paths of the God's on Amalfi coast?
- 17 Help requested with : Hotels with good access in Lucerne and Interlake area
- 18 If Greece exits
- 19 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 22 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 23 Looking for architecture, paintings, castles, etc
- 24 Iceland
- 25 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
Itinerary Help! Barcelona to French Riviera to Paris/Venice