I'm planning a trip for 2 weeks (end of June/beg of July) starting off in Barcelona for 4-5 days. Aside from Barcelona, we're not set in stone on any destination (considering Ibiza, Nice, Monaco in between) and ending in either Paris or possibly Venice?
For anyone who has traveled from Barcelona to France/Italy, what would be some good places to visit (either stay or for day trips ie. Is Montserrat worth visiting or stay in Barcelona the extra day?). We're open to visiting French/Italian Riviera, other places in France (Paris) or Italy. Also wanted to know when it makes sense to fly vs. taking a train (ie. Barcelona to Nice via air?)
Two of us have been to Europe before but for one person in our group it's a first trip to Europe so they'll probably want to visit 3-4 cities.
Itinerary Help! Barcelona to French Riviera to Paris/Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 2 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 3 Alhambra questions
- 4 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 5 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 6 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 7 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 8 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 9 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 10 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 11 Back to Provence in 2015
- 12 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 13 Sicily and Aeolian Island TRAVELLING SOLO
- 14 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 15 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 16 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 17 Mont St. Michele?
- 18 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 19 Hotels in old Rome
- 20 Revisit someplace you've already been or go somewhere new?
- 21 Suggestions for Jersey (Channel Islands)
- 22 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 23 Croatia
- 24 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 25 Genoa - What are the Must Do's