I intend to visit Slovenia during Aug end this year . Now I will be coming from Salzburg (as I have planned some of Austria Lakes) . Now, Salzburg -Ljubljana , the most convenient train time without change get me to Ljubljana at 18:30. So I spend 2 N in Ljubljana. Below is my rough itinerary on which I need your suggestions how to go about /sequence /no.of days allocated. Plz note I will be entirely dependent on Public Transport (bus/trains) .
Day 1-2 - Ljubljana
Day 3-4 - Bled -Bohinj - I prefer short hikes , any specific trails to follow here ..
Day 5-6 - Around Soca River/Bovec - (Any suggestions on accommodation/day hikes/guides/farmstays ) ...
Day 7 - Logarska Dolina -
Day 8 - Ljubljana to Istria OR back home (not decided yet )
Any other places in Slovenia that I must add.. I also wanted to visit Kamnik ...
I would also like to know if clubbing Austria & Slovenia is not really practical (primarily due to logistics) and if I should rather consider Slovenia + Croatia ..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 4 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 9 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 10 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Madrid/Lisbon
- 13 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 16 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 17 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 18 Oporto
- 19 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 20 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 21 Perugia
- 22 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 23 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 24 Ronda Wine/biking
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh