I intend to visit Slovenia during Aug end this year . Now I will be coming from Salzburg (as I have planned some of Austria Lakes) . Now, Salzburg -Ljubljana , the most convenient train time without change get me to Ljubljana at 18:30. So I spend 2 N in Ljubljana. Below is my rough itinerary on which I need your suggestions how to go about /sequence /no.of days allocated. Plz note I will be entirely dependent on Public Transport (bus/trains) .
Day 1-2 - Ljubljana
Day 3-4 - Bled -Bohinj - I prefer short hikes , any specific trails to follow here ..
Day 5-6 - Around Soca River/Bovec - (Any suggestions on accommodation/day hikes/guides/farmstays ) ...
Day 7 - Logarska Dolina -
Day 8 - Ljubljana to Istria OR back home (not decided yet )
Any other places in Slovenia that I must add.. I also wanted to visit Kamnik ...
I would also like to know if clubbing Austria & Slovenia is not really practical (primarily due to logistics) and if I should rather consider Slovenia + Croatia ..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Things to do in Montpellier
- 2 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 3 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 4 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 7 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 10 3 week trip with children
- 11 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 14 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 15 Italy in 11 Days
- 16 dinner jackets
- 17 French election
- 18 Leather goods in Florence
- 19 Piedmont as a destination
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 22 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 23 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 24 Trip to Rome
- 25 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train