I intend to visit Slovenia during Aug end this year . Now I will be coming from Salzburg (as I have planned some of Austria Lakes) . Now, Salzburg -Ljubljana , the most convenient train time without change get me to Ljubljana at 18:30. So I spend 2 N in Ljubljana. Below is my rough itinerary on which I need your suggestions how to go about /sequence /no.of days allocated. Plz note I will be entirely dependent on Public Transport (bus/trains) .
Day 1-2 - Ljubljana
Day 3-4 - Bled -Bohinj - I prefer short hikes , any specific trails to follow here ..
Day 5-6 - Around Soca River/Bovec - (Any suggestions on accommodation/day hikes/guides/farmstays ) ...
Day 7 - Logarska Dolina -
Day 8 - Ljubljana to Istria OR back home (not decided yet )
Any other places in Slovenia that I must add.. I also wanted to visit Kamnik ...
I would also like to know if clubbing Austria & Slovenia is not really practical (primarily due to logistics) and if I should rather consider Slovenia + Croatia ..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Travel Pass
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 4 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 7 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 8 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 9 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 10 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 13 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 14 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 15 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 16 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 19 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Acropolis Athens
- 22 Versailles
- 23 Where to enjoy Paris
- 24 Train help for Prague
- 25 AIR BERLIN SALE