My husband and i are planning our first trip to Europe April 29 - May 14. We will be in Amsterdam for 3 nights, Paris for 4 nights and then we have 7 nights in Italy. I'm having trouble finalizing our italy itinerary and am looking for some guidance from some seasoned travelers. First, let me tell you about our travel style. Neither one of us are into art, so we don't have a huge interest in museums. Our interests revolve mostly around experiencing the culture, strolling down cobblestone streets, eating good food (pizza, pasta, gelato, drinking wine, hanging out in piazzas, beautiful scenery, admiring architecture and history (not art history). We are 29 and 31, healthy, active outdoorsy people.
All that being said, our original plan was to spend two nights in Cinque Terre (Vernazza), 2 nights in Florence and 3 nights in Rome. However, I'm starting to have second thoughts on Florence. I've been reading my guide books and It seems like the main attractions are museums. I've also read some forum posts that talk about Florence being dirty and too touristy (I expect tourist though...I mean...I am one). I know that Florence is full of renaissance architecture for my husband and I to enjoy. I guess my question is, based on my husband's and my interests, would you keep Florence on the itinerary? Or would you change it to another hill town (i.e. Siena, Volterra, San G.?). Are there any other changes you would make to our itinerary?
Also, I know that we are squeezing a lot of things in to one trip, but I am considering this trip a European sample platter. This trip will help us decide where we want to spend more time on our next trip to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba Overnight?
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 4 mountain views near London
- 5 Garda Land
- 6 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 7 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 8 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 9 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 10 2 weeks Europe trip
- 11 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 12 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 13 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 14 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 15 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 16 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 17 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 18 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 19 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 20 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 21 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 22 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??