Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 13 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 14 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 15 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 17 Athens Help
- 18 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 19 Berlin -clubs
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 22 base in brussels
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Brussels Hotel Recommendation