Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental help in Sicily
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 alItalia
- 4 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 5 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 6 Is Sicily Safe?
- 7 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 8 credit and debit cards
- 9 Clean up spam
- 10 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 11 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 12 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 13 Mykonos Beach Club
- 14 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 15 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 16 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 17 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 18 Visit to Engand
- 19 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 20 Trip in September
- 21 Which city order makes most sense?
- 22 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 23 London Restaurants
- 24 Munich Hotel Location
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To