Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 4 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 5 LIsbon
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 International Flight Question
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 12 Trip suggestion
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 15 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 16 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 20 Summer Travel order
- 21 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 22 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 23 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017