Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 Appenzell in December?
- 3 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 4 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 5 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 6 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 7 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 8 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 11 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 12 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 13 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 14 Traveling in Belgium
- 15 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 16 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 17 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 23 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 24 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 25 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?