Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Switzerland in November?
- 5 Ireland hotel questions
- 6 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 getting to CDG
- 13 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 16 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 4 days itinerary for France
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice