Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 Places to stop/stay?
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 London is it worth it?
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 10 ATM help
- 11 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 12 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 13 Visit to Sardinia
- 14 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 15 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 16 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 17 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 18 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 19 Help me make this possible!
- 20 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 21 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 24 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 25 First visit to London