Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 2 UNITED@: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 3 Scotland itinerary help
- 4 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 5 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 6 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 7 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 8 Scotland
- 9 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 10 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 11 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 14 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 17 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 18 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Edinbrugh
- 21 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 22 Swimming to Paris
- 23 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 Istria in two days