Hoping to take my mum (she's 65, I'm 32) to the UK in August / September this year. I have been twice but haven't seen Ireland, Wales or much of Scotland. I am more interested in tours, sightseeing and plays than adventure and nightlife.
I was thinking of hiring a car and driving up to Scotland through middle, then down to Wales through Lakes District, getting Ferry over to Dublin from Wales and then coming back via South West England.
I have seen Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Salisbury, York, Bath before and was hoping not to double up too much unless there is something particular mum wants to see. I've come across Driftwood Tours in Ireland and I'm thinking of doing a 5-7 day guided tour with them.
Mum is fairly active and will be able to walk for several hours each day as long as we take a nice break every few days. We will be staying in pub / hotel accommodation.
We have a budget of AUD $11k (excluding airfares) for both of us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 라이브배팅┏么】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【么┓라이브배팅
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Greek fuel cost
- 4 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 5 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 6 Day trips around Vienna
- 7 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 8 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 9 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Vacation
- 12 Rouen Tour Companies
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Praiano hotel question
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 St Denis Cathedral
- 20 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 21 Italy bus or train
- 22 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 25 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited