I'm going on an 8 day trip to the Netherlands in September, and I very badly want to spend a day riding a bike around the sand dunes in Zeeland - the more water and the more seafood, the better! I will be traveling by train elsewhere and arriving via Rotterdam, so I assumed that a Rotterdam-Middelburg train was the best idea for someone without a car. However, I was hoping to check out the Plompe Toren near Burgh-Haamstede and/or maybe get a tour of the Delta Works.... are either of these ideas feasible without my own wheels? How is the bus service in Zeeland? If this isn't feasible, are there alternate routes you might suggest that involve a bike, sand dunes, the sea, and picturesque villages? I realize I might have just described the whole of Zeeland... but any help anyone can give is much appreciated! Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What clothes?
- 2 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 3 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 4 Short trip to Athens and Santorini. Ideas welcomed
- 5 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 6 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 7 GPS vs Google Maps
- 8 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 9 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 10 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 11 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 12 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 13 10 nights in France
- 14 Questions about Italy again
- 15 2 weeks in Southern Italy
- 16 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 17 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 18 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 19 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 20 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 21 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 22 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 23 Car rental in Caen?
- 24 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 25 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016