I'm going on an 8 day trip to the Netherlands in September, and I very badly want to spend a day riding a bike around the sand dunes in Zeeland - the more water and the more seafood, the better! I will be traveling by train elsewhere and arriving via Rotterdam, so I assumed that a Rotterdam-Middelburg train was the best idea for someone without a car. However, I was hoping to check out the Plompe Toren near Burgh-Haamstede and/or maybe get a tour of the Delta Works.... are either of these ideas feasible without my own wheels? How is the bus service in Zeeland? If this isn't feasible, are there alternate routes you might suggest that involve a bike, sand dunes, the sea, and picturesque villages? I realize I might have just described the whole of Zeeland... but any help anyone can give is much appreciated! Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in December
- 2 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 3 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 4 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 7 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 8 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 9 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 10 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Lay over time
- 15 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 16 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 17 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 18 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 19 K-Day
- 20 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 25 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands