I'm going on an 8 day trip to the Netherlands in September, and I very badly want to spend a day riding a bike around the sand dunes in Zeeland - the more water and the more seafood, the better! I will be traveling by train elsewhere and arriving via Rotterdam, so I assumed that a Rotterdam-Middelburg train was the best idea for someone without a car. However, I was hoping to check out the Plompe Toren near Burgh-Haamstede and/or maybe get a tour of the Delta Works.... are either of these ideas feasible without my own wheels? How is the bus service in Zeeland? If this isn't feasible, are there alternate routes you might suggest that involve a bike, sand dunes, the sea, and picturesque villages? I realize I might have just described the whole of Zeeland... but any help anyone can give is much appreciated! Thank you!!
Itinerary for Zeeland (Netherlands) Without a Car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 2 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 5 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 6 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 7 Porto -City Break
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 10 Prague - Tram #22
- 11 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 12 7 days in Greece
- 13 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 18 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 19 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 20 nearby cities to london
- 21 London hotel
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 25 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan