I'm going on an 8 day trip to the Netherlands in September, and I very badly want to spend a day riding a bike around the sand dunes in Zeeland - the more water and the more seafood, the better! I will be traveling by train elsewhere and arriving via Rotterdam, so I assumed that a Rotterdam-Middelburg train was the best idea for someone without a car. However, I was hoping to check out the Plompe Toren near Burgh-Haamstede and/or maybe get a tour of the Delta Works.... are either of these ideas feasible without my own wheels? How is the bus service in Zeeland? If this isn't feasible, are there alternate routes you might suggest that involve a bike, sand dunes, the sea, and picturesque villages? I realize I might have just described the whole of Zeeland... but any help anyone can give is much appreciated! Thank you!!
Itinerary for Zeeland (Netherlands) Without a Car
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 4 Dresden Train Station
- 5 Rome Accommodation
- 6 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 7 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 8 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 13 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 14 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 15 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 16 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 17 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 18 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 19 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 20 Greek islands from Turkey
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 rent car / Munich
- 23 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Italian Lakes gardens