I'm going on an 8 day trip to the Netherlands in September, and I very badly want to spend a day riding a bike around the sand dunes in Zeeland - the more water and the more seafood, the better! I will be traveling by train elsewhere and arriving via Rotterdam, so I assumed that a Rotterdam-Middelburg train was the best idea for someone without a car. However, I was hoping to check out the Plompe Toren near Burgh-Haamstede and/or maybe get a tour of the Delta Works.... are either of these ideas feasible without my own wheels? How is the bus service in Zeeland? If this isn't feasible, are there alternate routes you might suggest that involve a bike, sand dunes, the sea, and picturesque villages? I realize I might have just described the whole of Zeeland... but any help anyone can give is much appreciated! Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 Croatia travel ideas
- 3 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 4 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 5 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 6 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 7 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 8 Amalfi or Positano
- 9 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 10 Public Transport information App/Website
- 11 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 12 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 13 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 14 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 15 12 Days in Italy
- 16 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 17 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 18 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 19 house exchange
- 20 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 21 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 22 Poland in September
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Taormina, Sicily
- 25 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -