I'm going on an 8 day trip to the Netherlands in September, and I very badly want to spend a day riding a bike around the sand dunes in Zeeland - the more water and the more seafood, the better! I will be traveling by train elsewhere and arriving via Rotterdam, so I assumed that a Rotterdam-Middelburg train was the best idea for someone without a car. However, I was hoping to check out the Plompe Toren near Burgh-Haamstede and/or maybe get a tour of the Delta Works.... are either of these ideas feasible without my own wheels? How is the bus service in Zeeland? If this isn't feasible, are there alternate routes you might suggest that involve a bike, sand dunes, the sea, and picturesque villages? I realize I might have just described the whole of Zeeland... but any help anyone can give is much appreciated! Thank you!!
Itinerary for Zeeland (Netherlands) Without a Car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 2 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 3 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 4 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 5 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Eurostar London to Avignon Thru Trains Start June 28!
- 9 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 10 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 11 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 12 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 13 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 14 italy
- 15 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 16 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 17 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 18 What still confounds you about travel?
- 19 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 20 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 21 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 22 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 23 Chip but no PIN
- 24 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 25 Madrid and London