My husband and I are planning a trip to Munich to pick up our new BMW M3! We will be driving it around Europe and dropping it off in Paris, to be shipped to the states. This is the itinerary I have come up with based on putting the first one-thousand miles on the car for break-in purposes. Any comments are welcomed! I have re-done this itinerary many times, because there are just so many options, but I would really like to get some input on it. We are going in June of this year and the dates are very flexible (we should be given some dates to choose from once the car goes into production), but we want to be in Nice, France for the Euro game on June 17th (hopefully we get the tickets we applied for).
Sat: Arrive in Munich
Monday: BMW Welt for delivery day to get the car in the morning, drive to Salzburg (spend a few hours there), drive to Chiemsee (stay the night here)
Tuesday: Drive to Innsbruck, Mittenwald, Garmisch (too much in one day?)
Wednesday: Drive to Fussen, then Vaduz and stay the night (we want to drive the passes fresh and in the morning/daytime)
Thursday: Drive the Klassen and Susten passes, drive to Lucerne
Friday: morning in Lucerne, Drive through Zurich (anything worth seeing here?), drive through black forest and stay in Baden Baden
Saturday: Baden Baden, drive to Strasbourg
Sunday: Strasbourg/Nancy/Reims (not sure where to stay or how long to spend here or even to stop in these cities, just options along our route)
Monday: Paris, drop off car
Thursday: Train to Nice
Friday: Monaco/Eze, Euro game in Nice
A lot of driving, but that is really the point of this trip. The route is pretty much set, I'm just trying to balance the time...spend more time in the best cities,etc. What do y'all think? I'm open to cities/stops to cut out. My husband and I don't like to spend too much time in one place and aren't big museum fans. We want to get the feel for each country, but not be overwhelmed with "stuff" to do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 2 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 3 French restaurants
- 4 Azores in February
- 5 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 6 Trains in Alps and UK
- 7 Scotland Trip
- 8 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 11 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 12 Lisbon trip report
- 13 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 14 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 15 Ireland in April
- 16 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 20 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 21 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 22 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Planning a European Trip
- 25 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?