I am planning a trip to Spain for my mother and myself and would really appreciate some input. We arrive in Madrid on Saturday 12/3 @ 9:35am and depart on Friday 12/16 @ 11:15am. We will be staying in Toledo for the duration of our trip as we have family there.
However, since I don't know when I'll be back to Europe, I thought it might be a good idea to take a quick 3 day trip to Paris, as the flight from Madrid is only 2 hours. My question is: is the hassle of booking extra flights and trying to coordinate train times into Atocha from Toledo and then shuttle bus from Atocha to Barajas worth it? I would like to leave for Paris as early as possible and come back as late as possible but I am realizing that the AVE train is not 24 hours.
The idea is to go to Paris in the middle of my trip, leave on Sunday 5/11 and come back on Tuesday 5/13, spend those last 2 days with family and then leave for home on Friday 5/16.While in Paris, my mother absolutely has to go the Eiffel Tower and I would like to go to L'Orangerie (Monet!). We also plan on visiting the Christmas markets at the Trocadero and walk along the Champs Elysee for the Christmas lights. But that's pretty much it, I don't want to pack too much in there since it's only 2 days.
Anyway, I am rambling. I guess my concern is that it just seems like a lot of traveling and that is the opposite of what I want my travel experiences to be like. I am not the "4 cities in 10 days" type tourist because you don't see anything. So would this be worth it for a little piece of Paris?
Please and Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Northern Ireland ideas
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 11 Long weekend in Albania
- 12 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 13 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 scotland itinerary
- 16 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Hotel in Florence
- 20 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 21 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 22 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 23 Malta - how to do it?
- 24 Using CPAP machine in France
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales