I am planning a trip to Spain for my mother and myself and would really appreciate some input. We arrive in Madrid on Saturday 12/3 @ 9:35am and depart on Friday 12/16 @ 11:15am. We will be staying in Toledo for the duration of our trip as we have family there.
However, since I don't know when I'll be back to Europe, I thought it might be a good idea to take a quick 3 day trip to Paris, as the flight from Madrid is only 2 hours. My question is: is the hassle of booking extra flights and trying to coordinate train times into Atocha from Toledo and then shuttle bus from Atocha to Barajas worth it? I would like to leave for Paris as early as possible and come back as late as possible but I am realizing that the AVE train is not 24 hours.
The idea is to go to Paris in the middle of my trip, leave on Sunday 5/11 and come back on Tuesday 5/13, spend those last 2 days with family and then leave for home on Friday 5/16.While in Paris, my mother absolutely has to go the Eiffel Tower and I would like to go to L'Orangerie (Monet!). We also plan on visiting the Christmas markets at the Trocadero and walk along the Champs Elysee for the Christmas lights. But that's pretty much it, I don't want to pack too much in there since it's only 2 days.
Anyway, I am rambling. I guess my concern is that it just seems like a lot of traveling and that is the opposite of what I want my travel experiences to be like. I am not the "4 cities in 10 days" type tourist because you don't see anything. So would this be worth it for a little piece of Paris?
Please and Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 4 free international phone calls
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 7 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 8 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 9 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Two days in Rome
- 23 Classical Tour of Albania
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see