I am planning a trip to Spain for my mother and myself and would really appreciate some input. We arrive in Madrid on Saturday 12/3 @ 9:35am and depart on Friday 12/16 @ 11:15am. We will be staying in Toledo for the duration of our trip as we have family there.
However, since I don't know when I'll be back to Europe, I thought it might be a good idea to take a quick 3 day trip to Paris, as the flight from Madrid is only 2 hours. My question is: is the hassle of booking extra flights and trying to coordinate train times into Atocha from Toledo and then shuttle bus from Atocha to Barajas worth it? I would like to leave for Paris as early as possible and come back as late as possible but I am realizing that the AVE train is not 24 hours.
The idea is to go to Paris in the middle of my trip, leave on Sunday 5/11 and come back on Tuesday 5/13, spend those last 2 days with family and then leave for home on Friday 5/16.While in Paris, my mother absolutely has to go the Eiffel Tower and I would like to go to L'Orangerie (Monet!). We also plan on visiting the Christmas markets at the Trocadero and walk along the Champs Elysee for the Christmas lights. But that's pretty much it, I don't want to pack too much in there since it's only 2 days.
Anyway, I am rambling. I guess my concern is that it just seems like a lot of traveling and that is the opposite of what I want my travel experiences to be like. I am not the "4 cities in 10 days" type tourist because you don't see anything. So would this be worth it for a little piece of Paris?
Please and Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 2 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 3 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 4 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 5 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 6 Honeymoon in Greece
- 7 Italy for Christmas Week
- 8 A Month stay in Southern France
- 9 Shoes in Scotland
- 10 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 11 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 12 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 13 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 14 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 15 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 16 Portugal with large family
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 restaurants in Marais district
- 19 Sicily
- 20 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 21 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?
- 22 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 23 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 24 Wedding in Ireland
- 25 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)