I am planning a 20 days trips to Slovenia and Croatia in September (9/7 - 9/28). The dates are set as we were able to get Seattle-Paris-Seattle tickets using points. I'm so excited! Now the fun part of creating the itinerary for our adventure starts. Nothing is booked yet other than our tickets, so everything is still flexible. I am looking for suggestions on what to see and do in Slovenia and Croatia. We are both active, so we are thinking about spending a night in Paris since we will already be there, then hiking for a week or so in the Julian Alps in Slovenia, then perhaps renting a car and exploring Croatia. Any ideas on what to include? What would be worth our time? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Here is a rough draft of the itinerary:
20 days trip to Slovenia and Croatia
Sep 8 arrive to Paris at 7:25am
Sep 9 leave Paris at 11am, arrive to Ljubljana at 12:40pm
Sep 10 leave Ljubljana by bus, arrive to Kranjska Gora
Sep 11 hiking starts, take morning bus to Vrsic pass
hike Mala and Velika Mojstrovka (5.5km, 2360' elevation)
stay overnight in Ticarjev Dom or Postarski Dom
Sep 12 Vrsic pass to Trenta village on Soca Trail (11km, 3280'
downhill), easier day, stay overnight in Trenta
Trenta to Petrovo Brdo, stage 8 of Slovene High Level route
67.5km, 13000' gain, 12000' loss
Need to plan details of this stage...
"The emphasis of this stage is not not steep rock and via
ferrata but on varied terrain through dwarf pine, past
mountain lakes and on long traverses on balcony paths
and flower strewn ridges with super views of lower hills
and the land to the south".
Sep 18 back to Ljubljana
Sep 19 leave to Zagreb by train, arrive to Zagreb
Sep 19-27 Croatia (TBD, still need to research)
Sep 27 back to Paris; 1 night in Paris
Sep 28 @9am flight back to Seattle
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 Interesting places to visit
- 3 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Germany train help!
- 6 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 7 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 8 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 13 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 16 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 17 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 18 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 25 Acropolis Athens