I am planning a 20 days trips to Slovenia and Croatia in September (9/7 - 9/28). The dates are set as we were able to get Seattle-Paris-Seattle tickets using points. I'm so excited! Now the fun part of creating the itinerary for our adventure starts. Nothing is booked yet other than our tickets, so everything is still flexible. I am looking for suggestions on what to see and do in Slovenia and Croatia. We are both active, so we are thinking about spending a night in Paris since we will already be there, then hiking for a week or so in the Julian Alps in Slovenia, then perhaps renting a car and exploring Croatia. Any ideas on what to include? What would be worth our time? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Here is a rough draft of the itinerary:
20 days trip to Slovenia and Croatia
Sep 8 arrive to Paris at 7:25am
Sep 9 leave Paris at 11am, arrive to Ljubljana at 12:40pm
Sep 10 leave Ljubljana by bus, arrive to Kranjska Gora
Sep 11 hiking starts, take morning bus to Vrsic pass
hike Mala and Velika Mojstrovka (5.5km, 2360' elevation)
stay overnight in Ticarjev Dom or Postarski Dom
Sep 12 Vrsic pass to Trenta village on Soca Trail (11km, 3280'
downhill), easier day, stay overnight in Trenta
Trenta to Petrovo Brdo, stage 8 of Slovene High Level route
67.5km, 13000' gain, 12000' loss
Need to plan details of this stage...
"The emphasis of this stage is not not steep rock and via
ferrata but on varied terrain through dwarf pine, past
mountain lakes and on long traverses on balcony paths
and flower strewn ridges with super views of lower hills
and the land to the south".
Sep 18 back to Ljubljana
Sep 19 leave to Zagreb by train, arrive to Zagreb
Sep 19-27 Croatia (TBD, still need to research)
Sep 27 back to Paris; 1 night in Paris
Sep 28 @9am flight back to Seattle
Itinerary for Slovenia/Croatia for September?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 2 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 3 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 4 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 5 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 6 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 7 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 8 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 9 England in 7 days
- 10 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 11 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 12 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 13 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 14 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 15 To Prague or not to Prague
- 16 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 17 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 18 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 19 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 Ireland's west coast
- 22 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 23 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 24 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 25 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro