I am planning a 20 days trips to Slovenia and Croatia in September (9/7 - 9/28). The dates are set as we were able to get Seattle-Paris-Seattle tickets using points. I'm so excited! Now the fun part of creating the itinerary for our adventure starts. Nothing is booked yet other than our tickets, so everything is still flexible. I am looking for suggestions on what to see and do in Slovenia and Croatia. We are both active, so we are thinking about spending a night in Paris since we will already be there, then hiking for a week or so in the Julian Alps in Slovenia, then perhaps renting a car and exploring Croatia. Any ideas on what to include? What would be worth our time? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Here is a rough draft of the itinerary:
20 days trip to Slovenia and Croatia
Sep 8 arrive to Paris at 7:25am
Sep 9 leave Paris at 11am, arrive to Ljubljana at 12:40pm
Sep 10 leave Ljubljana by bus, arrive to Kranjska Gora
Sep 11 hiking starts, take morning bus to Vrsic pass
hike Mala and Velika Mojstrovka (5.5km, 2360' elevation)
stay overnight in Ticarjev Dom or Postarski Dom
Sep 12 Vrsic pass to Trenta village on Soca Trail (11km, 3280'
downhill), easier day, stay overnight in Trenta
Trenta to Petrovo Brdo, stage 8 of Slovene High Level route
67.5km, 13000' gain, 12000' loss
Need to plan details of this stage...
"The emphasis of this stage is not not steep rock and via
ferrata but on varied terrain through dwarf pine, past
mountain lakes and on long traverses on balcony paths
and flower strewn ridges with super views of lower hills
and the land to the south".
Sep 18 back to Ljubljana
Sep 19 leave to Zagreb by train, arrive to Zagreb
Sep 19-27 Croatia (TBD, still need to research)
Sep 27 back to Paris; 1 night in Paris
Sep 28 @9am flight back to Seattle
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 2 Working On New Travel Tool For You and Love Your Feedback!
- 3 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 4 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 5 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 6 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 10 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 13 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 14 Happy birthday ATM
- 15 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 16 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 17 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 18 2 days in Lugano area
- 19 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 20 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 21 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 22 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Berlin to ?