I am planning a 20 days trips to Slovenia and Croatia in September (9/7 - 9/28). The dates are set as we were able to get Seattle-Paris-Seattle tickets using points. I'm so excited! Now the fun part of creating the itinerary for our adventure starts. Nothing is booked yet other than our tickets, so everything is still flexible. I am looking for suggestions on what to see and do in Slovenia and Croatia. We are both active, so we are thinking about spending a night in Paris since we will already be there, then hiking for a week or so in the Julian Alps in Slovenia, then perhaps renting a car and exploring Croatia. Any ideas on what to include? What would be worth our time? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Here is a rough draft of the itinerary:
20 days trip to Slovenia and Croatia
Sep 8 arrive to Paris at 7:25am
Sep 9 leave Paris at 11am, arrive to Ljubljana at 12:40pm
Sep 10 leave Ljubljana by bus, arrive to Kranjska Gora
Sep 11 hiking starts, take morning bus to Vrsic pass
hike Mala and Velika Mojstrovka (5.5km, 2360' elevation)
stay overnight in Ticarjev Dom or Postarski Dom
Sep 12 Vrsic pass to Trenta village on Soca Trail (11km, 3280'
downhill), easier day, stay overnight in Trenta
Trenta to Petrovo Brdo, stage 8 of Slovene High Level route
67.5km, 13000' gain, 12000' loss
Need to plan details of this stage...
"The emphasis of this stage is not not steep rock and via
ferrata but on varied terrain through dwarf pine, past
mountain lakes and on long traverses on balcony paths
and flower strewn ridges with super views of lower hills
and the land to the south".
Sep 18 back to Ljubljana
Sep 19 leave to Zagreb by train, arrive to Zagreb
Sep 19-27 Croatia (TBD, still need to research)
Sep 27 back to Paris; 1 night in Paris
Sep 28 @9am flight back to Seattle
Itinerary for Slovenia/Croatia for September?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 2 First time touring Europe
- 3 Ireland itinerary
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
- 6 big family in Ireland
- 7 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 8 An Elegant Caribbean Treasure Wedding Decor Theme
- 9 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 10 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 11 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 12 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 13 Istanbul Itinerary
- 14 London - Site List Triage -
- 15 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 16 Santorini transportation
- 17 How to get from Pula to Ljubljana in the evening at night?
- 18 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 19 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 20 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 21 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 22 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 23 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 24 London neighborhood suggestions
- 25 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report