I would like to run my nearly-finalised itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia driving all the way from Malpensa Airport and back with my family (wife, 2 kids (8yo and 3yo), mum and dad) this starting from 30th Nov to 24 December. We are fairly fit and active and enjoy hikings, long walks etc as well as going around seeing old town, shop and eat. Personally, I also enjoy taking photographs, especially landscape, therefore some of the itinerary below fit with it as well.
Day - No of night - Where to stay - Activity:
1 - 2 - Verona - pick up car at airport, stop at Lake Garda, Sirmione, then relax in Verona till next day
3 - 1 - Bozen / Bolzano - via Madonna Della Corona, explore Bozen, Xmas market
4 - 1 - Cortina Di Ampezzo - explore Pragser Wildsee, Misurina
5 - 2 - Bled - drive to Bled stop at Waterfall Pericnik, Vintgar Gorge. Next day to Bled castle, hiking, boat to church
7 - 3 - Ljublana - Explore Ljublana for 2 days, Xmas market, on the last day visit Predjama Castle
10 - 3 - Zagreb - via Novo Mesto, explore Zagreb
13 - 1 - Zadar
14 - 3 - Split, via Krka National Park and Trogir then explore Split. On the last day, drive to Omis, maybe to Mostar.
17 - 1 - Rijeka - explore area
18 - 1 - Rovinj - explore area
19 - 1 - Gorizia - via Skocjan Cave. Any suggestion where to stay near the area?
20 - 2 - Bergamo - explore Como and Bellagio and Bergamo
22 - 2 - Milan - Explore area
24 - Depart from Milan
I appreciate comments and inputs from you regarding:
- more ideas to do on the destinations
- driving tips
- how well is the planning, is it too tight and suggestions?
- places to visit for kids and tips going with kids
- other that you may find important to know
- other interestings areas/destinations that we miss and should include
- good spots for photography
FYI, this is our second time in Italy but will be first in Slovenia and Croatia. Your help/inputs are much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 italy Cinque Terre
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 7 San Sebastián
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 Northern Ireland ideas
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Zurich to Milan trip
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Belgium Itinerary
- 14 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Can parking
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Electrical Power Conversion
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 25 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017