We are 2 couples (mid 30's) going to Iceland @ the end of September and will have 2 half days and 3 full days to take the most out of this trip.
What do you recommend? We will be renting a car, though not sure yet whether we really need a 4WD...
Have red about the below, but not sure everything is doable...
- West: Westfjords, Snaefellsnes.
- North: Jokulsarlon, Akureyri, Myvatn.
- South: Volcanos, glaciers, black beach.
- Reykjavik & surroundings: Golden circle, Reykjanes.
Thank you very very much!
Itinerary for Iceland...Tips needed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-6 weeks
- 2 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 3 Venice Banning Fodors
- 4 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 5 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Eiffel tower tickets
- 10 Rome---August and September
- 11 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 14 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 18 France, Italy and Greec
- 19 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 South of France November Trip Report
- 23 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 24 Clearsky Holidays
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer