We are 2 couples (mid 30's) going to Iceland @ the end of September and will have 2 half days and 3 full days to take the most out of this trip.
What do you recommend? We will be renting a car, though not sure yet whether we really need a 4WD...
Have red about the below, but not sure everything is doable...
- West: Westfjords, Snaefellsnes.
- North: Jokulsarlon, Akureyri, Myvatn.
- South: Volcanos, glaciers, black beach.
- Reykjavik & surroundings: Golden circle, Reykjanes.
Thank you very very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 3 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 6 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 7 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 8 Christmas Markets 2017
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 11 Istanbul at Easter
- 12 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 13 Palermo Apartment
- 14 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 15 SURPRISE TRIP
- 16 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 17 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 18 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 19 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 20 Barcelona - places to stay
- 21 Fado in Lisbon
- 22 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 23 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 24 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 25 Moldova and Transnistria