We are 2 couples (mid 30's) going to Iceland @ the end of September and will have 2 half days and 3 full days to take the most out of this trip.
What do you recommend? We will be renting a car, though not sure yet whether we really need a 4WD...
Have red about the below, but not sure everything is doable...
- West: Westfjords, Snaefellsnes.
- North: Jokulsarlon, Akureyri, Myvatn.
- South: Volcanos, glaciers, black beach.
- Reykjavik & surroundings: Golden circle, Reykjanes.
Thank you very very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 3 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 4 European Championship
- 5 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 6 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 7 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 8 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 9 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 10 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 11 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 12 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 13 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 14 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 15 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 16 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 19 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 20 Le Marche, Italy
- 21 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 22 Ballet Bolshoi
- 23 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 24 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 25 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"