I know that this question pops up all the time. I’ve tried to plan my trip to Italy by myself (which I usually do without problems) but this time after few travel guide books I’m lost. There is another reason. I haven’t been to EU 25 years and I cannot use my traveler’s experience because I don’t sense EU mentality and culture. Is it possible that somebody will help me to plan this trip or just give me some pointers?
I will travel with family 2+2 (11 and 20). Wing to Venice on August 25, 12 and return from Rome on Sept 12. (19 days). I already made a reservation for 2 nights (Aug 25, 26) in Venice and rented a car for Aug 27. The rest is open. I would like to visit major tourist attractions, explore Tuscany (rent a condo, BB, hotel?...use it as a base to see Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Cinque Terre on one day trips?). It will be nice to go as far as Naples and Pompeii. Return to Rome for 2-3 nights and fly home. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 2 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 3 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 4 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 Piedmont as a destination
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Need Information about French Alps
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 France Itinerary Advice
- 14 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 19 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 22 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 23 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 24 2 weeks Europe trip
- 25 Krakow and Prague-one week