I'd like to take my son on a trip to Europe next year when he graduates high school, and would really like some help with my itinerary. He would love to go to Germany(WWII buff) and Norway(family roots). However, I've never been to Europe, so I'd like to see certain places as well. I teach Medieval history, so Gothic architecture and history interests me. We also like nature and hiking. Realizing that I can't do everything, I've come up with an itinerary that would give both of us something we like, but I'm wanting to see how realistic it is and if it would work for a first trip to Europe. I'm getting frustrated with the process because there's so much I want to see! I know I have to look at things as if I will return, but it's easier said than done because who really knows? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Day 1- Fly to Munich, Germany
Day 2- Land in Munich-Walk off jetlag and get a feel for the city
Day 3- Munich-Tour Residenz
Day 4-Munich- Explore Munich
Day 5- Day trip to Salzburg, Austria- Sound of Music tour
Day 6-Nuremburg- WWII tour
Day 7-Nuremburg-Albrecht Durer museum, watch making shops
Day 8-Rothenberg- Walk the city, take night watchman's night tour
Day 9- Fussen- Neuschwanstein castle by day, enjoy evening after tourists leave
Day 10- Lucerne, Switzerland- Tour Old Towne
Day 11- Lucerne- morning hike, then kayak on the lake
Day 12- Fly or train (not sure yet) to Paris- Eiffel tower and bike ride where he chooses
Day 13- Paris-Hop on/off bus morning; Louvre afternoon, evening Siene cruise
Day 14- Morning- Notre-Dame, afternoon- Museum of Middle Ages, dinner in Latin quarter
Day 15- Rent scooters and explore Paris! Eat in a delicious restaurant so son can practice his French!
Day 16- Versailles
Day 17- Sacre-Coeur,opera house, Musee d Orsay,
Day 18- Brugges, Belgium- explore historic center
Day 19- Brugges, waterways tour
Day 20- Day trip to Ghent- Explore the Gothic city!
Days 21- London- Hop on/off tour, go to a cool London restaurant
Day 22- Westminster Abbey, British Museum, bike the city, possibly Churchill war rooms (time permitting)
Day 23- Beatles museum (He's a musician)
Day 25- Bath- Roman bath tour
Day 26- Bath- explore city
Day 27- London- His choice
Day 28- Fly to Oslo, Norway- Viking museum, explore Oslo
Day 29- Oslo- His choice
Day 30- Train to Bergen- explore Hardanger fjord on boat
Day 31- Bergen- Hike Mt. Floyen
Day 32-Train to Oslo- Enjoy a delicious meal
Day 33- Back to Cali
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 Borghese Gallery Question
- 4 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 5 Sim Card
- 6 London vacation rental agency
- 7 Transport for local Venice travel
- 8 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 17 Towns around Lucca
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Italy Vacation
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa