After exploring this forum I've succeeded (with your help) to itinerary and would be happy to get feedback. We are going two adults (30+) and our baby and my parents (age 65-70). Our limitations:
1. My wife has fear of height. She agreed to go on two cable cars (while closing her eyes and while the altitude is around 2000m. She also doesn't like strenuous walking.
2. A baby - can't go more than 1800m I think.
3. My father has heart problems. I don't how much he can go up, let's say around 1300m.
oh..and we will be with two cars.
Day 1 - Saturday - Coming from Germany, stopping in stein am rhein village (09:00-10:30). Driving to lauterbrunnen. Going up to Wengen. Sleeping in Hotel staubbach in lauterbrunnen.
Day 2 - Sunday - Me, my wife and baby will walk from the hotel to Trummelbach falle. Visiting the falls, taking the bus back. Going up to Murren. On noon/afternoon my parents will join us and we will go to Wengen.Sleeping in Hotel staubbach in lauterbrunnen.
Day 3 - Monday - Early in The morning I will take the train to Männlichen and will start the walking to Kleine Scheidegg (Is it worth to go up in Männlichen for the point of view or I'd better start walking to catch the early morning view with no clouds??). My wife will meet me in Kleine Scheidegg restaurant and we will sit there for an hour. Then taking the train back to lauterbrunnen. Going to Interlaken for Groceries and to our apartment in Iseltwald. During afternoon going to Grindelwald.Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 4 - Tuesday - Taking a cruise from Iseltwald to Brienz village. visiting the village. taking the cruise back to Gissbach Falls, take the funicular up to Gissbach hotel cafe. After 1-2 hours taking the a cruise back to Iseltwald. Will we have any spare time during this day??
Day 5 - Wednesday- A market day in Thun. Driving to Aareschlucht and walking the route there. I'm hesitating if we should start the day in the market (operating 07:00-18:30) or Aareschlucht (opening 09:00-17:00)?? Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 6 - Thursday - lucerne. Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 7 - Friday - Bern. Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 8 - Saturday - Driving to Gruyères (visiting the village + castle + St-Jean Festival) . Driving to Broc chocolate factory - doing a workshop of two hours + tour. Again don't know if to start the day in Broc or Gruyères . Going back to Iseltwald.
Day 9 - Sunday - Driving from Iseltwald to Appenzell. Stopping in Zug spruengli store. Going to Appenzeller show dairy in Stein and visiting Appenzell village. Sleeping in Appenzell.
Day 10 - Monday - Driving to Säntis and going up in Cable car for a view (me alone). Driving to Austria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 2 Vacation
- 3 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 4 Walking itinerary in England?
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 7 Dog friendly hotels
- 8 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 9 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Cambridge in May
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 17 Madrid/Lisbon
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 21 Day trips around Vienna
- 22 Greek fuel cost
- 23 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 24 Killarney
- 25 First time in Bulgaria