After exploring this forum I've succeeded (with your help) to itinerary and would be happy to get feedback. We are going two adults (30+) and our baby and my parents (age 65-70). Our limitations:
1. My wife has fear of height. She agreed to go on two cable cars (while closing her eyes and while the altitude is around 2000m. She also doesn't like strenuous walking.
2. A baby - can't go more than 1800m I think.
3. My father has heart problems. I don't how much he can go up, let's say around 1300m.
oh..and we will be with two cars.
Day 1 - Saturday - Coming from Germany, stopping in stein am rhein village (09:00-10:30). Driving to lauterbrunnen. Going up to Wengen. Sleeping in Hotel staubbach in lauterbrunnen.
Day 2 - Sunday - Me, my wife and baby will walk from the hotel to Trummelbach falle. Visiting the falls, taking the bus back. Going up to Murren. On noon/afternoon my parents will join us and we will go to Wengen.Sleeping in Hotel staubbach in lauterbrunnen.
Day 3 - Monday - Early in The morning I will take the train to Männlichen and will start the walking to Kleine Scheidegg (Is it worth to go up in Männlichen for the point of view or I'd better start walking to catch the early morning view with no clouds??). My wife will meet me in Kleine Scheidegg restaurant and we will sit there for an hour. Then taking the train back to lauterbrunnen. Going to Interlaken for Groceries and to our apartment in Iseltwald. During afternoon going to Grindelwald.Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 4 - Tuesday - Taking a cruise from Iseltwald to Brienz village. visiting the village. taking the cruise back to Gissbach Falls, take the funicular up to Gissbach hotel cafe. After 1-2 hours taking the a cruise back to Iseltwald. Will we have any spare time during this day??
Day 5 - Wednesday- A market day in Thun. Driving to Aareschlucht and walking the route there. I'm hesitating if we should start the day in the market (operating 07:00-18:30) or Aareschlucht (opening 09:00-17:00)?? Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 6 - Thursday - lucerne. Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 7 - Friday - Bern. Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 8 - Saturday - Driving to Gruyères (visiting the village + castle + St-Jean Festival) . Driving to Broc chocolate factory - doing a workshop of two hours + tour. Again don't know if to start the day in Broc or Gruyères . Going back to Iseltwald.
Day 9 - Sunday - Driving from Iseltwald to Appenzell. Stopping in Zug spruengli store. Going to Appenzeller show dairy in Stein and visiting Appenzell village. Sleeping in Appenzell.
Day 10 - Monday - Driving to Säntis and going up in Cable car for a view (me alone). Driving to Austria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 6 Rome or Venice first
- 7 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 celticmoon, a quick question
- 11 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 B&B in Ireland
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 21 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 22 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece