After exploring this forum I've succeeded (with your help) to itinerary and would be happy to get feedback. We are going two adults (30+) and our baby and my parents (age 65-70). Our limitations:
1. My wife has fear of height. She agreed to go on two cable cars (while closing her eyes and while the altitude is around 2000m. She also doesn't like strenuous walking.
2. A baby - can't go more than 1800m I think.
3. My father has heart problems. I don't how much he can go up, let's say around 1300m.
oh..and we will be with two cars.
Day 1 - Saturday - Coming from Germany, stopping in stein am rhein village (09:00-10:30). Driving to lauterbrunnen. Going up to Wengen. Sleeping in Hotel staubbach in lauterbrunnen.
Day 2 - Sunday - Me, my wife and baby will walk from the hotel to Trummelbach falle. Visiting the falls, taking the bus back. Going up to Murren. On noon/afternoon my parents will join us and we will go to Wengen.Sleeping in Hotel staubbach in lauterbrunnen.
Day 3 - Monday - Early in The morning I will take the train to Männlichen and will start the walking to Kleine Scheidegg (Is it worth to go up in Männlichen for the point of view or I'd better start walking to catch the early morning view with no clouds??). My wife will meet me in Kleine Scheidegg restaurant and we will sit there for an hour. Then taking the train back to lauterbrunnen. Going to Interlaken for Groceries and to our apartment in Iseltwald. During afternoon going to Grindelwald.Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 4 - Tuesday - Taking a cruise from Iseltwald to Brienz village. visiting the village. taking the cruise back to Gissbach Falls, take the funicular up to Gissbach hotel cafe. After 1-2 hours taking the a cruise back to Iseltwald. Will we have any spare time during this day??
Day 5 - Wednesday- A market day in Thun. Driving to Aareschlucht and walking the route there. I'm hesitating if we should start the day in the market (operating 07:00-18:30) or Aareschlucht (opening 09:00-17:00)?? Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 6 - Thursday - lucerne. Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 7 - Friday - Bern. Sleeping in Iseltwald.
Day 8 - Saturday - Driving to Gruyères (visiting the village + castle + St-Jean Festival) . Driving to Broc chocolate factory - doing a workshop of two hours + tour. Again don't know if to start the day in Broc or Gruyères . Going back to Iseltwald.
Day 9 - Sunday - Driving from Iseltwald to Appenzell. Stopping in Zug spruengli store. Going to Appenzeller show dairy in Stein and visiting Appenzell village. Sleeping in Appenzell.
Day 10 - Monday - Driving to Säntis and going up in Cable car for a view (me alone). Driving to Austria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon - a few tips
- 2 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 3 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 4 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Scotland - We're Here!
- 11 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 12 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 13 European Vacation 2017
- 14 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Need help in completing trip details
- 17 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 18 Which area to stay in London
- 19 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 23 Split to Hvar
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!