I would like to know if anyone has advice on the best way to spend 5 1/2 days in Scotland. We will be arriving in Edinburgh on Saturday around 12:00. Planning to stay in Edinburgh for three nights and leave there on Tuesday morning. I was thinking we would go to Glasgow on Tuesday then up to Oban on Wednesday/Thursday, and drive back to Edinburgh Thursday night. From what I have read on this forum, I have not allowed enough time to go to Oban and the islands of Mull and Iona. Should I skip Glasgow? The guidebooks make Glasgow sound fairly uninteresting. Any advice would be appreciated.
Itinerary for 5 1/2 days in Scotland
- 1 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 2 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 3 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 4 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 5 Do and don't, eating in France
- 6 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 7 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 8 Spain with kids
- 9 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 10 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 11 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 12 Places to visit from London
- 13 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 14 Meeting up at CDG
- 15 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 16 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 17 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 18 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 19 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 20 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 21 Paris Ticket t+
- 22 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 23 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 24 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 25 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent