I wish to visit Italy (June 2016) ( 4 people).
I wish to see the following :
Rome : Colosseum, Trevy Fountain, Piaza Venezia, Pantheron
Venice : Gondola Ride, St Mark square
Pisa eaning Tower
I am somehow desperate to visit Pisa if i visit Italy. I have been reading that Rome is a very un-safe place with scams by taxis and unfair business with people who are tourists in Rome which is bringing me into doubt in my mind whether i should actually visit Rome and take the risk , especially considering that my parents are senior citizens and any un-wanted incident will be creating a difficult situation for them as well as me. Ofcourse all big cities have some problems of scam with tourists but, maybe a lot has been written on Rome . Also, since I am visiting with parents and i feel Venice (although comparatively safe) is too romantic a place? I am a first time traveller and planning short trip to London, Paris, Zurich and then (Rome/Venice) if its safe...
My questions are :
1- How to travel from Rome Airport to Hotel and how to manage the travel to 3-4 spots i have mentioned in a safe way ?
2- Where to stay in Rome ?
3- How to avoid a tourist scam Italy ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 3 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 4 A week in Croatia with kids
- 5 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 10 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece