I wish to visit Italy (June 2016) ( 4 people).
I wish to see the following :
Rome : Colosseum, Trevy Fountain, Piaza Venezia, Pantheron
Venice : Gondola Ride, St Mark square
Pisa eaning Tower
I am somehow desperate to visit Pisa if i visit Italy. I have been reading that Rome is a very un-safe place with scams by taxis and unfair business with people who are tourists in Rome which is bringing me into doubt in my mind whether i should actually visit Rome and take the risk , especially considering that my parents are senior citizens and any un-wanted incident will be creating a difficult situation for them as well as me. Ofcourse all big cities have some problems of scam with tourists but, maybe a lot has been written on Rome . Also, since I am visiting with parents and i feel Venice (although comparatively safe) is too romantic a place? I am a first time traveller and planning short trip to London, Paris, Zurich and then (Rome/Venice) if its safe...
My questions are :
1- How to travel from Rome Airport to Hotel and how to manage the travel to 3-4 spots i have mentioned in a safe way ?
2- Where to stay in Rome ?
3- How to avoid a tourist scam Italy ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living