We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 6 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 7 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 8 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 9 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 11 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 12 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 13 Iceland Day 5
- 14 Holland/France/Spain
- 15 Scotland Trip
- 16 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 17 Montenegro in September
- 18 3 week stay in Scotland
- 19 Paris, France
- 20 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 21 sfo to europe
- 22 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 25 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?