We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Itinerary Feedback Please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich with a car?
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 4 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 5 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 6 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 7 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 8 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 9 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 10 poland to switzerland
- 11 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 12 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 13 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 16 Day trip on the Rhine
- 17 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 One week in Venice - trips
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 22 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 23 UK for 12 days !
- 24 Estonia Amber
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions