We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 2 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 3 Cordoba or Granada?
- 4 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 5 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 6 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 7 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 8 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 9 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 10 First Time Europe Trip
- 11 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 12 St Andrews advice
- 13 Guided tours or drive yourself? - Scotland
- 14 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 15 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 16 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 17 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 18 Hostel Advice
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Rome for a week
- 23 Touring Wales
- 24 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 25 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels