We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 2 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 3 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 4 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 5 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 8 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 9 A week in Croatia with kids
- 10 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 11 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece