We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report Iceland Ring Road in Campervan
- 2 4 days in switzerland
- 3 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 4 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 5 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 6 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 7 Scenic Driving Routes
- 8 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 9 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 10 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 14 nights in Europe
- 13 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 14 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 15 London's Must Sights!
- 16 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 17 Oxford 24 hours
- 18 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Ireland & Scotland
- 22 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 23 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 24 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 25 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt