We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 2 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 3 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 4 RFID Protection
- 5 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 6 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 7 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 8 3 days to spend in europe
- 9 12 days europe
- 10 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 11 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 12 Beaches in Southern France
- 13 Rail pass question
- 14 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 15 Paris to Ramstein
- 16 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 17 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 18 3 days with a Swindon base
- 19 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 20 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 21 Amalfi coast
- 22 If you had four months...
- 23 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 24 italy itinerary
- 25 Ravello to Paestum