We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 2 Salzburg itinerary review
- 3 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 4 weekend from cologne germany
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 Last minute trip to Capri
- 9 AMS Car Rental
- 10 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 11 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 12 My final Prague itinerary
- 13 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 14 test post
- 15 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 16 One week in Europe
- 17 Positano or Sorrento?
- 18 multi city flights to europe
- 19 Switzerland in September
- 20 London Theater
- 21 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 22 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 23 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 24 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 25 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.