We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 3 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 4 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 5 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 8 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 9 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 10 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 11 Naples + Walking Tour
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 14 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 15 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 18 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 19 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 London GTG May 19-25
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 London and Normandy