We will be travelling as a couple and purchasing the interrail pass for our trip in August. First or second class ... we do not know yet ... still reading up on this to make sure we get the best deal.
We're taking an early flight to Malaga on 26th August and from there, the train to Seville, where we will be staying for two nights. From there by train to Madrid for two nights and on to Barcelona, again for two nights. The flight and hotels are booked.
From Barcelona, we travel to Agde where we will be staying with family for five nights. From here, we have left one night free to travel on the overnight train to Mayrhofen, hopefully via Switzerland. A private sleeper or couchette would be nice. We will spend a whole seven nights in Mayrhofen before attempting to get home. At the moment, we can't seem to find any direct flights back to the Midlands on 14th Sept and would rather not take the train or fly via Istanbul + Madrid + God no! We can stretch it to one more night if we must.
Any ideas how we can get home and what to do with the extra days left on the rail pass? Verona or Munich perhaps? What do you think?
Itinerary Feedback Please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reputable Tours
- 2 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 3 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 4 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 5 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 6 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 7 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 8 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 9 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 10 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 14 Is my plan ok
- 15 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 16 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 18 Portugal Trip
- 19 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 20 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 21 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 22 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 Southern Spain