We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 2 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 3 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 4 France to stop making foie grois
- 5 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 6 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 7 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 8 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 9 Kilt makers
- 10 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 11 Puglia
- 12 Stonehenge and Bath
- 13 Manchester on derby weekend
- 14 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 15 My First Trip to Europe...
- 16 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 17 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 18 train from ravenna to parma
- 19 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 20 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 21 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 24 Madrid city centre?
- 25 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??