We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Itinerary Feedback (Honeymoon in Venice & Amalfi Coast)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Central London Hotels
- 2 Flybe Airlines from Dublin to Southampton
- 3 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 4 Help for San Sebastian
- 5 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 6 3 days in Rome
- 7 2 Days in Rome
- 8 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 9 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 10 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 11 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 13 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 14 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 15 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 16 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 17 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 18 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 19 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 20 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 21 Help with Madrid Location
- 22 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 23 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 24 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 25 Nice cafe near or in Milano Centrale Station