We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 2 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 3 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 4 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 5 12 days europe
- 6 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 7 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 8 Christmas Week in London
- 9 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 10 Too much for one day?
- 11 Travel WiFi - France
- 12 Italy for the first time
- 13 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 14 RFID Protection
- 15 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 17 Germany and Austria trip report
- 18 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 19 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 20 London Itinerary and Questions
- 21 Beaches in Southern France
- 22 3 days to spend in europe
- 23 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 24 Ali
- 25 Paris to Ramstein