We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Itinerary Feedback (Honeymoon in Venice & Amalfi Coast)
- 1 Car in Prague
- 2 Rome Accommodation
- 3 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 Istanbul hotels
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 7 2 Week European Itinerary
- 8 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 9 TGV and Provence questions
- 10 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 13 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 14 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 18 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 19 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 20 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 23 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France