We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 2 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 Classical Music in Milan
- 5 Sienna with kids
- 6 12 nights in Greek islands
- 7 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 8 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 9 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 10 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 11 Paris food tours?
- 12 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 13 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 14 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 15 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 16 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 17 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 18 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 19 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 20 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 21 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 23 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 24 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 25 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question