We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Sentimental Journey
- 3 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 4 Bilboa to Madrid
- 5 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 6 cheap balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey?
- 7 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 8 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 9 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 10 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 11 Norway in November
- 12 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 13 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 14 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 15 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 16 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 17 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 18 Dublin sights and restaurant ideas
- 19 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 20 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 21 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 22 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 23 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 24 Best locally frequented places to eat.
- 25 Urgently need help contacting mytrip.com