We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 2 French immersion courses in France
- 3 Visiting Spain in January
- 4 Car Rentals
- 5 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 6 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 7 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 8 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 9 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 10 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 11 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 12 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 13 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 14 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?
- 15 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 16 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 17 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 18 Paris---baguette question???
- 19 Europe in late January
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 22 Where to stay in London?
- 23 What type of visa is right for me?
- 24 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 25 Puglia & Matera in photos