We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 2 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 3 Lisbon to Porto by train
- 4 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 5 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 6 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 7 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 8 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 9 Lake Garda- Italy
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Sardinia, Italy
- 12 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 13 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 14 Italy by car
- 15 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 16 Paris gtg in October?
- 17 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 18 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 19 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 20 T Mobile Does it Again
- 21 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 22 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 23 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 24 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 25 European Championship