We are a couple in our late 20’s planning for our honeymoon (Venice & Amalfi Coas) in late September. We know we are late.
We have between 12 and 14 nights. We like culture while relaxing and taking our time when we travel.
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Venice, 2-3 in a quiet place in Amalfi Coast (just to relax in the hotel), and then 5-6 in a center location like Positano to explore the region.
Does it make sense? Should we spend 4 or 5 nights in Venice?
Because we don’t travel light (not me!), we plan to take the train from Venice to Naples. From there, would you rent a car or take other means of transportation?
Would Capri be a good choice for the second leg of our trip?
Pompeii seems a must. What about places like Ischia, Paestum and Naples (is it safe?) from Amalfi Coast?
And should we go with a hotel or a B&B? We went with B&B’s in Provence and liked it a lot.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Paris
- 2 Shopping in Paris
- 3 Lost speeding fine notice
- 4 ATM card didn't work in Italy!
- 5 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 6 Luggage on trains/security?
- 7 London dining service charge
- 8 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 9 Norwegian air
- 10 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 11 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 12 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 13 Early flight from Nice
- 14 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 15 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 16 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 17 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 18 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 19 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 20 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?
- 21 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 22 Day trips by train from Milan
- 23 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 24 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 25 Croatia Itinerary Help