I was hoping to get your advice on my Iceland itinerary. I will be travelling with a family of 6, and am planning on doing 4 or 5 full days in Iceland (in July). I think the current plan would be to stay in Reykjavik and make day trips out, as we prefer a house rental. We are planning on renting a car.
Here is what I have so far for a 5 full day itinerary:
Day 1: (We will arrive at around 6 am to Reykjavik), Explore Reykjavik and settle
Day 2: Landmannalauger (I heard that driving there can be difficult, so likely a tour group of some sort)
Day 3: Golden Circle
Day 4: South Coast (Reykjavik to Vik and back)
Day 5: Snaefellsnes
We may have to cut our trip short to 4 full days, if so, is there one day trip that you think I can cut out? We understand that there is driving for each day, but I guess I'm trying to minimize overlapping routes as much as possible, to make it seem like we're not travelling back and forth all the time... Does this seem do-able or is there too much driving with this itinerary?
Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 2 Vacation
- 3 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 4 Walking itinerary in England?
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 7 Dog friendly hotels
- 8 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 9 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Cambridge in May
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 17 Madrid/Lisbon
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 21 Day trips around Vienna
- 22 Greek fuel cost
- 23 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 24 Killarney
- 25 First time in Bulgaria