I was hoping to get your advice on my Iceland itinerary. I will be travelling with a family of 6, and am planning on doing 4 or 5 full days in Iceland (in July). I think the current plan would be to stay in Reykjavik and make day trips out, as we prefer a house rental. We are planning on renting a car.
Here is what I have so far for a 5 full day itinerary:
Day 1: (We will arrive at around 6 am to Reykjavik), Explore Reykjavik and settle
Day 2: Landmannalauger (I heard that driving there can be difficult, so likely a tour group of some sort)
Day 3: Golden Circle
Day 4: South Coast (Reykjavik to Vik and back)
Day 5: Snaefellsnes
We may have to cut our trip short to 4 full days, if so, is there one day trip that you think I can cut out? We understand that there is driving for each day, but I guess I'm trying to minimize overlapping routes as much as possible, to make it seem like we're not travelling back and forth all the time... Does this seem do-able or is there too much driving with this itinerary?
Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon - a few tips
- 2 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 3 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 4 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Scotland - We're Here!
- 11 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 12 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 13 European Vacation 2017
- 14 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Need help in completing trip details
- 17 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 18 Which area to stay in London
- 19 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 23 Split to Hvar
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!