I was hoping to get your advice on my Iceland itinerary. I will be travelling with a family of 6, and am planning on doing 4 or 5 full days in Iceland (in July). I think the current plan would be to stay in Reykjavik and make day trips out, as we prefer a house rental. We are planning on renting a car.
Here is what I have so far for a 5 full day itinerary:
Day 1: (We will arrive at around 6 am to Reykjavik), Explore Reykjavik and settle
Day 2: Landmannalauger (I heard that driving there can be difficult, so likely a tour group of some sort)
Day 3: Golden Circle
Day 4: South Coast (Reykjavik to Vik and back)
Day 5: Snaefellsnes
We may have to cut our trip short to 4 full days, if so, is there one day trip that you think I can cut out? We understand that there is driving for each day, but I guess I'm trying to minimize overlapping routes as much as possible, to make it seem like we're not travelling back and forth all the time... Does this seem do-able or is there too much driving with this itinerary?
Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 2 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 3 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 4 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 5 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 6 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 11 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 14 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 19 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 20 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 23 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 24 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 25 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up