I was hoping to get your advice on my Iceland itinerary. I will be travelling with a family of 6, and am planning on doing 4 or 5 full days in Iceland (in July). I think the current plan would be to stay in Reykjavik and make day trips out, as we prefer a house rental. We are planning on renting a car.
Here is what I have so far for a 5 full day itinerary:
Day 1: (We will arrive at around 6 am to Reykjavik), Explore Reykjavik and settle
Day 2: Landmannalauger (I heard that driving there can be difficult, so likely a tour group of some sort)
Day 3: Golden Circle
Day 4: South Coast (Reykjavik to Vik and back)
Day 5: Snaefellsnes
We may have to cut our trip short to 4 full days, if so, is there one day trip that you think I can cut out? We understand that there is driving for each day, but I guess I'm trying to minimize overlapping routes as much as possible, to make it seem like we're not travelling back and forth all the time... Does this seem do-able or is there too much driving with this itinerary?
Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 6 Rome or Venice first
- 7 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 celticmoon, a quick question
- 11 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 B&B in Ireland
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 21 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 22 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece