I was hoping to get your advice on my Iceland itinerary. I will be travelling with a family of 6, and am planning on doing 4 or 5 full days in Iceland (in July). I think the current plan would be to stay in Reykjavik and make day trips out, as we prefer a house rental. We are planning on renting a car.
Here is what I have so far for a 5 full day itinerary:
Day 1: (We will arrive at around 6 am to Reykjavik), Explore Reykjavik and settle
Day 2: Landmannalauger (I heard that driving there can be difficult, so likely a tour group of some sort)
Day 3: Golden Circle
Day 4: South Coast (Reykjavik to Vik and back)
Day 5: Snaefellsnes
We may have to cut our trip short to 4 full days, if so, is there one day trip that you think I can cut out? We understand that there is driving for each day, but I guess I'm trying to minimize overlapping routes as much as possible, to make it seem like we're not travelling back and forth all the time... Does this seem do-able or is there too much driving with this itinerary?
Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 11 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 12 Paris to Bordeaux
- 13 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Andalucia Spain
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 20 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 21 Barcelona - places to stay
- 22 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Private Ephesus Tour Companies