My family and I will spend 2 weeks in Germany and Austria on holiday and the intention is to mix sightseeing with a bit of activity such as biking, walking etc. The itinerary is as follows:
27 April 2013 - 0600 Hrs arrival in Munich after a 8.5 hour transcontinental flight
Hire a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg.
27 - 30 April: Salzburg (3 nights)
30 April - 2 May: Innsbruck (2 nights)
2 May - 5 May: Hagnau am Bodensee (3 nights)
5 - 7 May: Freiburg + Europa Park (2 nights)
7 - 11 May : Munich (4 nights)
11 May - depart from Munich
On the drive between Innsbruck - Hagnau, we plan to see Neuschwanstein Castle. On the drive from Freiburg to Munich, we plan to see Dachau. Other than this all other sightseeing will be done in the respective ciites (including bike tours). We will be driving between the cities and using public transport within the cities.
How does the itinerary sound? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 2 3 days outside Venice
- 3 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 Night Bus?
- 6 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 7 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 8 Jewish Vienna
- 9 Short time in Vienna
- 10 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 13 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 16 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 19 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 20 Shall we Gdansk?
- 21 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 22 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 23 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 24 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
Itinerary critique please! 14 day trip to Germany and Austria