My family and I will spend 2 weeks in Germany and Austria on holiday and the intention is to mix sightseeing with a bit of activity such as biking, walking etc. The itinerary is as follows:
27 April 2013 - 0600 Hrs arrival in Munich after a 8.5 hour transcontinental flight
Hire a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg.
27 - 30 April: Salzburg (3 nights)
30 April - 2 May: Innsbruck (2 nights)
2 May - 5 May: Hagnau am Bodensee (3 nights)
5 - 7 May: Freiburg + Europa Park (2 nights)
7 - 11 May : Munich (4 nights)
11 May - depart from Munich
On the drive between Innsbruck - Hagnau, we plan to see Neuschwanstein Castle. On the drive from Freiburg to Munich, we plan to see Dachau. Other than this all other sightseeing will be done in the respective ciites (including bike tours). We will be driving between the cities and using public transport within the cities.
How does the itinerary sound? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stu Tower
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 6 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 7 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 8 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 9 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 10 6 Days in Italy
- 11 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 12 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 13 Helpful Hint
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 16 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 17 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Finland around Christmas time?
- 20 monograms vacation tours
- 21 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 25 Crete Holiday
Itinerary critique please! 14 day trip to Germany and Austria