My family and I will spend 2 weeks in Germany and Austria on holiday and the intention is to mix sightseeing with a bit of activity such as biking, walking etc. The itinerary is as follows:
27 April 2013 - 0600 Hrs arrival in Munich after a 8.5 hour transcontinental flight
Hire a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg.
27 - 30 April: Salzburg (3 nights)
30 April - 2 May: Innsbruck (2 nights)
2 May - 5 May: Hagnau am Bodensee (3 nights)
5 - 7 May: Freiburg + Europa Park (2 nights)
7 - 11 May : Munich (4 nights)
11 May - depart from Munich
On the drive between Innsbruck - Hagnau, we plan to see Neuschwanstein Castle. On the drive from Freiburg to Munich, we plan to see Dachau. Other than this all other sightseeing will be done in the respective ciites (including bike tours). We will be driving between the cities and using public transport within the cities.
How does the itinerary sound? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 quickest way to Prague
- 4 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 9 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 10 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 13 16 days in France and Italy
- 14 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 15 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 16 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 21 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 22 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 23 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
Itinerary critique please! 14 day trip to Germany and Austria