My husband and I have been planning a little European getaway for the last few months now and we've FINALLY decided on when and where we're going. The outline is very rough right now, but we're set on these dates and locations. Your thoughts on what we have so far would be really helpful, plus any advice on what to do in each city would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Monday, July 14th: Fly out of San Diego, California to London, UK
Tuesday, July 15th- Sunday July 20th: Londom
Accommodations: an Airbnb flat in Soho
Sunday, July 20th: Eurostar to Paris
Sunday, July 20th-Friday, July 25th: Paris
Accommodations: an Airbnb flat in Marais
Friday, July 25th: fly to Rome
Friday, Juky 25-Monday, Juky 28th: Rome
Accommodations: an Airbnb flat in the Piazza Navona area
Wednesday, July 30th: Fly from Rome back to San Diego
As far as activities, we are completely open! I just know that I want to see a play in London, Versailles and the Louvre in France, and the Pantheon and the Colosseum in a Rome. I know, I know all cliche spots, but that's why I'm hoping for advice from the more experienced world travelers out there! And what is your favorite way to "get around" each of the cities?? If you could help with some recommendations for activities/sightseeing destinations, as well as with your thoughts on our itinerary, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Shoes in Scotland
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 6 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 7 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 10 Naples, Italy
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 15 French restaurants
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 18 Tuscany 6 nights
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 22 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France & Italy, May or June
- 25 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March