My husband and I have been planning a little European getaway for the last few months now and we've FINALLY decided on when and where we're going. The outline is very rough right now, but we're set on these dates and locations. Your thoughts on what we have so far would be really helpful, plus any advice on what to do in each city would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Monday, July 14th: Fly out of San Diego, California to London, UK
Tuesday, July 15th- Sunday July 20th: Londom
Accommodations: an Airbnb flat in Soho
Sunday, July 20th: Eurostar to Paris
Sunday, July 20th-Friday, July 25th: Paris
Accommodations: an Airbnb flat in Marais
Friday, July 25th: fly to Rome
Friday, Juky 25-Monday, Juky 28th: Rome
Accommodations: an Airbnb flat in the Piazza Navona area
Wednesday, July 30th: Fly from Rome back to San Diego
As far as activities, we are completely open! I just know that I want to see a play in London, Versailles and the Louvre in France, and the Pantheon and the Colosseum in a Rome. I know, I know all cliche spots, but that's why I'm hoping for advice from the more experienced world travelers out there! And what is your favorite way to "get around" each of the cities?? If you could help with some recommendations for activities/sightseeing destinations, as well as with your thoughts on our itinerary, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 4 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 5 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 16 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 17 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 celticmoon, a quick question
- 21 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 22 What fresh hell is this?
- 23 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 24 Which Train Station in Venice
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia