I am planning a (last minute!) trip to Europe (June 3-June 19) and am looking for folks to contribute itineraries to help me decide where to go. Original thoughts were Italy / Croatia, but I am unsure which cities to visit, and am having trouble commiting 100% to Italy as I have already been multiple times (my boyfriend who is coming with me has not). Would love to get thoughts on:
1) Itinerary including Italy (Rome, Sicily, Amalfi Coast) and Croatia
2) Itinerary including Vienna / Croatia
With the first, would the Amalfi Coast and Dalmatian Coast in Croatia be too similar?
With the second, will it be too hard to travel between Vienna and Dubrovnik?
I have not yet booked airfare (will be travelling from San Francisco) so am flexible, although prices are starting to skyrocket. Other info: love doing things in nature (hiking, kayaking, etc.), enjoy quaint towns/architecture, adore food and wine, not into the nightlife scene.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trans-Siberia Train
- 2 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 3 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 4 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 5 Discover Effortless Way To Construct Muscle Fast
- 6 Edgard bus website English version?
- 7 Are you looking for most affordable tour packages?
- 8 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 9 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 10 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 11 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 12 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 13 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 14 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 15 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 16 Car rental/return near London
- 17 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 18 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 19 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 20 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Europe Itinerary
- 23 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 24 Camino Redux
- 25 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg