I am planning a (last minute!) trip to Europe (June 3-June 19) and am looking for folks to contribute itineraries to help me decide where to go. Original thoughts were Italy / Croatia, but I am unsure which cities to visit, and am having trouble commiting 100% to Italy as I have already been multiple times (my boyfriend who is coming with me has not). Would love to get thoughts on:
1) Itinerary including Italy (Rome, Sicily, Amalfi Coast) and Croatia
2) Itinerary including Vienna / Croatia
With the first, would the Amalfi Coast and Dalmatian Coast in Croatia be too similar?
With the second, will it be too hard to travel between Vienna and Dubrovnik?
I have not yet booked airfare (will be travelling from San Francisco) so am flexible, although prices are starting to skyrocket. Other info: love doing things in nature (hiking, kayaking, etc.), enjoy quaint towns/architecture, adore food and wine, not into the nightlife scene.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 2 American Style Restaurants in London
- 3 Walking GPS?
- 4 One Way... trust or bust?
- 5 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 6 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 7 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 8 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 9 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 10 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 11 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 12 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 13 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 14 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 15 Portugal trains
- 16 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 17 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 18 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 19 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 21 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 22 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 23 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 24 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 25 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde