We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 4 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 5 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 6 French open
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 tulips in the Netherland
- 9 England and Scotland
- 10 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 Azores
- 14 Azores
- 15 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 16 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 Dublin to Armagh?
- 19 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 20 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 21 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 22 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 23 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 24 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German