We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 2 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 3 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 4 Grad Schools in London?
- 5 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 6 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 7 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 8 Florence Opera
- 9 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 10 Latest Itinerary
- 11 Day trips from Bologna
- 12 Day trips from Bologna
- 13 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 14 spain
- 15 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 16 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 17 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 18 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 19 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 20 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 21 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 22 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 23 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 24 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 25 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)