We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
View all Europe activity »
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 3 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 Planning a holiday
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 10 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 14 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 15 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 16 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 17 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 20 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 23 Sicily 10 days
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!