We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
- 1 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 2 Edinburgh
- 3 Connection in Newark EWR
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 6 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 7 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 8 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 9 Apartment location
- 10 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 11 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 12 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 13 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 14 portugal
- 15 Refining London and Scotland
- 16 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice
- 17 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 18 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 19 Help with itenerary
- 20 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 21 Rhine River Intinerary
- 22 Rough Itinerary for Scotland, please more help
- 23 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 24 Travel to Italy prior to study abroad in Spain, Study Visa
- 25 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary