We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyprus in December
- 2 Cyprus photo gallery
- 3 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 4 Favorite cities/towns in Cyprus?
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 Which travel plan?
- 8 Florence in October
- 9 first european holiday itinery
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 13 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 18 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 21 Planning a holiday
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 24 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.