We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 2 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 3 I'm in a funk
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 5 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 6 Ireland driving vacation
- 7 Bike touring in France
- 8 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 9 Things to do near Nice
- 10 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 11 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 12 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 13 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 14 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 15 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 18 Mama Mia Italy!
- 19 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 20 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 21 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 22 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 23 Germany Visa for conference
- 24 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 25 Recs for Dublin B&B?