We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Central Europe itinerary
- 2 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 3 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 4 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 5 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 6 Arriving in Prague
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 4 Months in Europe
- 9 2 Days in Rome
- 10 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 11 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 12 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 13 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 14 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 15 Tipping in the UK
- 16 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 17 2 weeks in Spain
- 18 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 19 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 20 Wines charted by flavor
- 21 Museum Pass
- 22 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 23 France in October
- 24 Day trips out of Florence?
- 25 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP