We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 3 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 4 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 5 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 6 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 7 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 10 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 11 2 full days in Paris
- 12 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 13 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 16 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 17 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 18 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 19 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 20 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 21 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 22 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 23 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 24 Cinque Terre - which town to stay in & suggest a hotel?
- 25 Spain and Portugal Trip Help