We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 6 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 7 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 8 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 9 days in turkey
- 11 Burg Eltz
- 12 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 13 Germany-berlin marathon
- 14 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 15 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 16 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 17 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 18 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 19 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 20 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 21 itinerary help
- 22 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 23 Nice Video about Poland
- 24 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 25 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer