We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ljubljana to Plitvice Lake
- 2 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 3 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 4 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 5 When to buy companion ticket?
- 6 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 7 Provence Tour Guide Recommendations
- 8 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 9 Day Trips from Paris
- 10 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 11 book your hotel before you travel
- 12 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 13 Milan Hotel
- 14 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 15 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 16 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 17 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 18 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 19 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 20 France to Italy advice needed please
- 21 CDG questions
- 22 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 23 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 24 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 25 Côte du Rhône wine road