We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence in October
- 2 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 3 Traveling within Italy
- 4 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 5 first european holiday itinery
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 11 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 12 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 16 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 17 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 18 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 Going to Puglia, I hope