We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 2 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 3 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 4 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 5 Help with Madrid Location
- 6 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 7 Nice cafe near or in Milano Centrale Station
- 8 Italy and Greece
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Please help with itinerary...
- 11 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 12 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 13 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 14 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 15 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 16 ITALY
- 17 2 Days in Rome
- 18 Globus Tours
- 19 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 20 Royal Opera House question?
- 21 2 full days in Paris
- 22 3 days in Rome
- 23 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 24 Central London Hotels
- 25 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment