We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 4 What are the best places to see in England
- 5 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 6 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 7 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 8 Transportation in Barcelona
- 9 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 12 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 13 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 14 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 15 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 16 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 17 Day trip from London to Paris
- 18 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 19 Ste Remy France
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Europe in 21 days
- 22 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 23 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 24 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt