We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 2 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 3 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 4 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 5 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 6 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 7 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 8 Ireland or Scotland
- 9 I dream of Europe
- 10 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 11 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 12 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 13 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 14 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 15 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 16 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 19 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 20 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Weekend in Norfolk
- 23 Athens at New Years
- 24 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 25 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?