We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 2 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 Question on France travel
- 5 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 6 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 Italy and Croatia
- 9 St Germain
- 10 Autumn in Paris
- 11 Where to go in France mid July?
- 12 trip to norway
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 15 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 16 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 17 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 18 Cruise the River Shannon
- 19 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 20 Food tours in Rome?
- 21 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 22 Rome Food Tour
- 23 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 24 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 25 Rome restaurant suggestions