We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 2 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 3 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 4 Berlin
- 5 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 6 Dordogne & Lot Day Hiking
- 7 By train to and out of Prague
- 8 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 9 Budget family trip to Europe
- 10 history museums or locations
- 11 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 12 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 13 Scuol, Switzerland
- 14 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 17 Lake Como transportation questions
- 18 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 19 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 22 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 25 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why