We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking recommendations for Greece itinerary
- 2 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 3 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 4 Italy Spending Budget
- 5 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 6 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 7 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 8 Ireland and Scotland : 2014 Trip Report
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Travel during Ferragosto?
- 11 Brussels in 2 days
- 12 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 15 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 16 Ireland or Scotland
- 17 Nice to the luberons
- 18 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 19 Cotswolds first time
- 20 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 21 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 22 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 23 Schengen rule made easy
- 24 Is using a backpack in Europe safe?
- 25 London hotel tax is 20%