We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
View all Europe activity »
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 3 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 4 British drivers
- 5 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Prague Main Train Station
- 8 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 9 Spain Travel
- 10 Venice in Jan
- 11 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 12 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 13 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 14 Southern France
- 15 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 16 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Public transport from Ostuni
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 25 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?