We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bath or york
- 2 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 3 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 4 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 5 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 6 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 7 Ste Remy France
- 8 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 9 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 10 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 11 London tube
- 12 car rental info
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Local Tour in Provence?
- 19 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 20 5am arrival in Dublin
- 21 10 Hours in Brussels
- 22 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 23 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 24 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 25 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD