We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 2 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 3 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 4 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 5 Voltage in UK and France
- 6 Pisa or Siena?
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 Tour ends in Rome
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 11 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 12 Chateau of Horovice near Prague
- 13 Italy tours
- 14 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 15 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 16 Barcelona free tours??
- 17 London GTG late September?
- 18 Giverny in early October?
- 19 train in Spain
- 20 economy car rentals
- 21 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 22 Eleanor's Pages
- 23 Renfe site
- 24 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 25 Montreuil, Rue Colbert