We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 2 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 3 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 4 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 5 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 6 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Best beach town in Italy?
- 9 Is Venice really dirty?
- 10 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 Weekend in Norfolk
- 13 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 14 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 15 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 16 Autumn in Paris
- 17 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 18 Burgundy in May
- 19 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 20 A Greek sojourn
- 21 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 22 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 23 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir