We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 2 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 3 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 4 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 5 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 6 Car Rental in Iceland
- 7 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 8 Transposed names on TGV tickets
- 9 Nice, Avignon, and Lyon
- 10 scotland trave;
- 11 Italy food budget
- 12 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 13 Family trip to France with kids
- 14 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 15 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 16 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 17 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 18 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 19 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 20 A week in spain
- 21 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 22 Private driver Amalfi Coast
- 23 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 24 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 25 Advice on Romania Itinerary