We are planning a trip to these cities in August. Based on reviews here that say the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is a great experience, I thought we would fly into Stockholm, spend 2 nights, take the overnight ferry to Helsinki, spend the night, and then take the ferry to Tallinn and spend a night. The problem is getting from Tallinn to St. Petersburg. Because the St Peterline ferry does not run from Tallinn to St Petersburg on the day we would need it, we would have to take the ferry back to Helsinki and then take the train (I think there is one at 3pm) to St Petersburg. To avoid this backtracking, I looked into doing the trip: St Petersburg, train to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn and ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm but again, the St Peterline ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm doesn't run on the right day and we would miss out on the Stockholm- Helsinki ferry that is supposed to be so good. Is the backtracking through Helsinki really so bad? Does anyone have any other thoughts on how to do this itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Itinerary advice please - Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 3 A Sardinia trip report
- 4 Granada
- 5 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 6 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 7 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 8 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 First time to Switzerland
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 13 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 14 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 15 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 16 Eastern Europe
- 17 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 18 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 19 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 20 Switzerland help...?
- 21 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 24 London to Paris by train
- 25 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics