Hoping to receive some travel advice or tips for planning my upcoming Honeymoon to Europe in Sept or October of 2015. We definitely want to see Paris, Germany, Italy and try to squeeze in some WW2 history, hiking, castles, romance and beer drinking!
We have 12-14 days.
Here is what I have outlined so far but would love input on whether you foresee any issues with trying to fit this all in or if I'm misallocating our time by the cities or missing anything major?
1 Day - Fly to Paris & either stay there or continue to Normandy (no specific plans)
1 Day - Normandy (WW2 tours of the beaches, cemetary, etc)
2 Days - Paris (Eiffel Tower, Museum, Versailles) - Is this enough time?
1 Day - Heidelberg/Landenburg - Is this too much time for these cities? Would like to stay in a castle during the trip so had found Hotel Burg Colmberg, is this a nice castle hotel?
1 Day - Rothenberg (explore town & spend the night here for the full experience) - Is this too much time or worth spending the night here vs. combining into 1 day with Heidelberg?
3 Days/Nights - Munich (Nymphenburg Palace, Andechs Monastery Brewery, Neuschwenstein Castle, Hofbraus Haus)
1 Day - Milan (Duomo)
2 Days - Lake Como - Not sure which town to stay at... Como, Veranna, Bellagio??
1 Day - Zurich
1 Day - Fly home from Zurich
Most of our travel will hopefully be done by train with 1 flight between Munich & Milan. Does this seem doable?
If we didn't head to Lake Como after Munich, where else would you recommend in Italy for 2-3 days?
Thank you all for the input!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Florence
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 6 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 7 base for Andalucia
- 8 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 9 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 10 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 11 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 12 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 13 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 16 Windsor Castle
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 19 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 20 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 23 4 nights in Sardinia
- 24 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 25 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
Itinerary Advice: Paris, Rothenberg, Munich, Lake Como, Zurich