Hoping to receive some travel advice or tips for planning my upcoming Honeymoon to Europe in Sept or October of 2015. We definitely want to see Paris, Germany, Italy and try to squeeze in some WW2 history, hiking, castles, romance and beer drinking!
We have 12-14 days.
Here is what I have outlined so far but would love input on whether you foresee any issues with trying to fit this all in or if I'm misallocating our time by the cities or missing anything major?
1 Day - Fly to Paris & either stay there or continue to Normandy (no specific plans)
1 Day - Normandy (WW2 tours of the beaches, cemetary, etc)
2 Days - Paris (Eiffel Tower, Museum, Versailles) - Is this enough time?
1 Day - Heidelberg/Landenburg - Is this too much time for these cities? Would like to stay in a castle during the trip so had found Hotel Burg Colmberg, is this a nice castle hotel?
1 Day - Rothenberg (explore town & spend the night here for the full experience) - Is this too much time or worth spending the night here vs. combining into 1 day with Heidelberg?
3 Days/Nights - Munich (Nymphenburg Palace, Andechs Monastery Brewery, Neuschwenstein Castle, Hofbraus Haus)
1 Day - Milan (Duomo)
2 Days - Lake Como - Not sure which town to stay at... Como, Veranna, Bellagio??
1 Day - Zurich
1 Day - Fly home from Zurich
Most of our travel will hopefully be done by train with 1 flight between Munich & Milan. Does this seem doable?
If we didn't head to Lake Como after Munich, where else would you recommend in Italy for 2-3 days?
Thank you all for the input!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementsgarden.com/testo-muscle-fuel
- 2 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 3 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 4 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 5 Porto and vicinity
- 6 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 7 Norway fjord
- 8 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 9 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 Italy
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 16 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 17 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 18 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 20 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 21 Praiana to Positano
- 22 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 23 Another Book List for Italy
- 24 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 25 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
Itinerary Advice: Paris, Rothenberg, Munich, Lake Como, Zurich