Hoping to receive some travel advice or tips for planning my upcoming Honeymoon to Europe in Sept or October of 2015. We definitely want to see Paris, Germany, Italy and try to squeeze in some WW2 history, hiking, castles, romance and beer drinking!
We have 12-14 days.
Here is what I have outlined so far but would love input on whether you foresee any issues with trying to fit this all in or if I'm misallocating our time by the cities or missing anything major?
1 Day - Fly to Paris & either stay there or continue to Normandy (no specific plans)
1 Day - Normandy (WW2 tours of the beaches, cemetary, etc)
2 Days - Paris (Eiffel Tower, Museum, Versailles) - Is this enough time?
1 Day - Heidelberg/Landenburg - Is this too much time for these cities? Would like to stay in a castle during the trip so had found Hotel Burg Colmberg, is this a nice castle hotel?
1 Day - Rothenberg (explore town & spend the night here for the full experience) - Is this too much time or worth spending the night here vs. combining into 1 day with Heidelberg?
3 Days/Nights - Munich (Nymphenburg Palace, Andechs Monastery Brewery, Neuschwenstein Castle, Hofbraus Haus)
1 Day - Milan (Duomo)
2 Days - Lake Como - Not sure which town to stay at... Como, Veranna, Bellagio??
1 Day - Zurich
1 Day - Fly home from Zurich
Most of our travel will hopefully be done by train with 1 flight between Munich & Milan. Does this seem doable?
If we didn't head to Lake Como after Munich, where else would you recommend in Italy for 2-3 days?
Thank you all for the input!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 3 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 8 Paris to Italy
- 9 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 12 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 15 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 23 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
Itinerary Advice: Paris, Rothenberg, Munich, Lake Como, Zurich