Hoping to receive some travel advice or tips for planning my upcoming Honeymoon to Europe in Sept or October of 2015. We definitely want to see Paris, Germany, Italy and try to squeeze in some WW2 history, hiking, castles, romance and beer drinking!
We have 12-14 days.
Here is what I have outlined so far but would love input on whether you foresee any issues with trying to fit this all in or if I'm misallocating our time by the cities or missing anything major?
1 Day - Fly to Paris & either stay there or continue to Normandy (no specific plans)
1 Day - Normandy (WW2 tours of the beaches, cemetary, etc)
2 Days - Paris (Eiffel Tower, Museum, Versailles) - Is this enough time?
1 Day - Heidelberg/Landenburg - Is this too much time for these cities? Would like to stay in a castle during the trip so had found Hotel Burg Colmberg, is this a nice castle hotel?
1 Day - Rothenberg (explore town & spend the night here for the full experience) - Is this too much time or worth spending the night here vs. combining into 1 day with Heidelberg?
3 Days/Nights - Munich (Nymphenburg Palace, Andechs Monastery Brewery, Neuschwenstein Castle, Hofbraus Haus)
1 Day - Milan (Duomo)
2 Days - Lake Como - Not sure which town to stay at... Como, Veranna, Bellagio??
1 Day - Zurich
1 Day - Fly home from Zurich
Most of our travel will hopefully be done by train with 1 flight between Munich & Milan. Does this seem doable?
If we didn't head to Lake Como after Munich, where else would you recommend in Italy for 2-3 days?
Thank you all for the input!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 House Hunting in France
- 7 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 8 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 9 Sicily
- 10 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 11 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Car rental from Barcelona
- 15 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 16 Itinerary Tweaking
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Ireland in April
- 24 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages
Itinerary Advice: Paris, Rothenberg, Munich, Lake Como, Zurich