I posted recently about a Europe hiking trip for next summer. I have some rough ideas for the rest of my trip and would love some feedback.
I know there are lots of amazing hikes so I am happy for some brutal feedback on this idea. But I would love to do the Monte Bianco high route (I am caught up in the size of the alps I admit). To get here from Australia I think the best way is to fly to Geneva. However, because I really want to see more of Italy but also the Slovenian lakes or the Croatian or Montenegro coast, I would also consider first flying to Rome, then onto the trek via a flight to Geneva. I loved Rome and would like another visit, but perhaps it would make more sense to go to Milan? By starting in an Italian city, I could then after the hike go straight back to Geneva to fly to Ljubljana (for example). I would then like to go to somewhere like Budapest and perhaps finish in Berlin. I would have four weeks.
Does what I write make sense? I guess I want hiking, and beach or lakes (but definitely some relaxation by the water) and some new cities. This year I saw Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Paris and London and I would go back to them all in a heartbeat but I know I need to see so much more too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 5 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 6 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 7 Matera tour guide wanted
- 8 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 Service dog
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 13 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 14 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 15 Coastal Denmark
- 16 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 21 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 24 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco