I posted recently about a Europe hiking trip for next summer. I have some rough ideas for the rest of my trip and would love some feedback.
I know there are lots of amazing hikes so I am happy for some brutal feedback on this idea. But I would love to do the Monte Bianco high route (I am caught up in the size of the alps I admit). To get here from Australia I think the best way is to fly to Geneva. However, because I really want to see more of Italy but also the Slovenian lakes or the Croatian or Montenegro coast, I would also consider first flying to Rome, then onto the trek via a flight to Geneva. I loved Rome and would like another visit, but perhaps it would make more sense to go to Milan? By starting in an Italian city, I could then after the hike go straight back to Geneva to fly to Ljubljana (for example). I would then like to go to somewhere like Budapest and perhaps finish in Berlin. I would have four weeks.
Does what I write make sense? I guess I want hiking, and beach or lakes (but definitely some relaxation by the water) and some new cities. This year I saw Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Paris and London and I would go back to them all in a heartbeat but I know I need to see so much more too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 7 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Interesting places to visit
- 12 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 18 Budapest in December 2017
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 25 We're here!