I posted recently about a Europe hiking trip for next summer. I have some rough ideas for the rest of my trip and would love some feedback.
I know there are lots of amazing hikes so I am happy for some brutal feedback on this idea. But I would love to do the Monte Bianco high route (I am caught up in the size of the alps I admit). To get here from Australia I think the best way is to fly to Geneva. However, because I really want to see more of Italy but also the Slovenian lakes or the Croatian or Montenegro coast, I would also consider first flying to Rome, then onto the trek via a flight to Geneva. I loved Rome and would like another visit, but perhaps it would make more sense to go to Milan? By starting in an Italian city, I could then after the hike go straight back to Geneva to fly to Ljubljana (for example). I would then like to go to somewhere like Budapest and perhaps finish in Berlin. I would have four weeks.
Does what I write make sense? I guess I want hiking, and beach or lakes (but definitely some relaxation by the water) and some new cities. This year I saw Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Paris and London and I would go back to them all in a heartbeat but I know I need to see so much more too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice: Te^ch SUPP0RT VERIZON CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 Reset Password
- 2 TIM in FCO - update
- 3 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 6 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 7 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 8 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 9 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 10 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 11 Venice gondola ride
- 12 Paris and Normandy
- 13 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 14 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 15 Does Paris ruin you for life?
- 16 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 17 London and Normandy
- 18 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 21 rent muscle car in Norway
- 22 Athens tour guide advice
- 23 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 24 mystras or nemea
- 25 Early morning flight Venice/VCE