I posted recently about a Europe hiking trip for next summer. I have some rough ideas for the rest of my trip and would love some feedback.
I know there are lots of amazing hikes so I am happy for some brutal feedback on this idea. But I would love to do the Monte Bianco high route (I am caught up in the size of the alps I admit). To get here from Australia I think the best way is to fly to Geneva. However, because I really want to see more of Italy but also the Slovenian lakes or the Croatian or Montenegro coast, I would also consider first flying to Rome, then onto the trek via a flight to Geneva. I loved Rome and would like another visit, but perhaps it would make more sense to go to Milan? By starting in an Italian city, I could then after the hike go straight back to Geneva to fly to Ljubljana (for example). I would then like to go to somewhere like Budapest and perhaps finish in Berlin. I would have four weeks.
Does what I write make sense? I guess I want hiking, and beach or lakes (but definitely some relaxation by the water) and some new cities. This year I saw Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Paris and London and I would go back to them all in a heartbeat but I know I need to see so much more too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 4 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 9 Greece
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 14 Stuck in Paris
- 15 Spain - day driver advice
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Buenos Aires, Argentina or Lisbon Portugal
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Renting a car in Greece
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 22 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 Paris hotel
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como