I am traveling to the UK in July on my own, and I'm trying to decide what I should actually do. I was wondering if I could have some assistance in coming up with a tentative itnerary.
I have 20 days in the UK (Not long enough I know!) in total. I will be spending 2-3 days with some family friends at the beginning of my trip. They basically live in the London area and will probably show me around a bit and take me to a few places.
I'm also hoping to see some distant relatives, although I haven't sorted anything out with them yet.
So that will leave me with 12-16 days "free".. and I have no real idea where to go.
I had a look at some tours today, but they seem very busy, so I'm leaning towards doing my own thing instead.
I would rather take my time and see things properly, as opposed to cramming in as much as possible. The thought is to travel by rail.
So with this information, could somebody with more knowledge than I assist with helping me choose some destinations? I would like to stop by Wales and/or Scotland if at all possible.
I do realise there's a lot I won't be able to see, and I won't even try.
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Berlin
- 15 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 16 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 17 Germany or Sweden
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona