I am traveling to the UK in July on my own, and I'm trying to decide what I should actually do. I was wondering if I could have some assistance in coming up with a tentative itnerary.
I have 20 days in the UK (Not long enough I know!) in total. I will be spending 2-3 days with some family friends at the beginning of my trip. They basically live in the London area and will probably show me around a bit and take me to a few places.
I'm also hoping to see some distant relatives, although I haven't sorted anything out with them yet.
So that will leave me with 12-16 days "free".. and I have no real idea where to go.
I had a look at some tours today, but they seem very busy, so I'm leaning towards doing my own thing instead.
I would rather take my time and see things properly, as opposed to cramming in as much as possible. The thought is to travel by rail.
So with this information, could somebody with more knowledge than I assist with helping me choose some destinations? I would like to stop by Wales and/or Scotland if at all possible.
I do realise there's a lot I won't be able to see, and I won't even try.
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 2 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 3 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 4 Chamonix to Paris
- 5 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 6 Rome-Itinerary
- 7 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 8 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 9 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 10 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 11 Scotland and London 21 days
- 12 Rome to venice
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 15 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 16 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 17 Ireland itinerary help please
- 18 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 19 help with Italy itinerary
- 20 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 21 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 22 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 25 Praiana to Positano