I am traveling to the UK in July on my own, and I'm trying to decide what I should actually do. I was wondering if I could have some assistance in coming up with a tentative itnerary.
I have 20 days in the UK (Not long enough I know!) in total. I will be spending 2-3 days with some family friends at the beginning of my trip. They basically live in the London area and will probably show me around a bit and take me to a few places.
I'm also hoping to see some distant relatives, although I haven't sorted anything out with them yet.
So that will leave me with 12-16 days "free".. and I have no real idea where to go.
I had a look at some tours today, but they seem very busy, so I'm leaning towards doing my own thing instead.
I would rather take my time and see things properly, as opposed to cramming in as much as possible. The thought is to travel by rail.
So with this information, could somebody with more knowledge than I assist with helping me choose some destinations? I would like to stop by Wales and/or Scotland if at all possible.
I do realise there's a lot I won't be able to see, and I won't even try.
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Theater in London
- 2 Umbria / Le Marche
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 5 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 6 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 7 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 8 Food in Positano
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 11 Katyn massacres
- 12 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 13 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 14 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 15 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 16 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 17 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 18 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 19 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Italy
- 23 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 24 3 weeks in Spain
- 25 Emergencies in Ireland