I am traveling to the UK in July on my own, and I'm trying to decide what I should actually do. I was wondering if I could have some assistance in coming up with a tentative itnerary.
I have 20 days in the UK (Not long enough I know!) in total. I will be spending 2-3 days with some family friends at the beginning of my trip. They basically live in the London area and will probably show me around a bit and take me to a few places.
I'm also hoping to see some distant relatives, although I haven't sorted anything out with them yet.
So that will leave me with 12-16 days "free".. and I have no real idea where to go.
I had a look at some tours today, but they seem very busy, so I'm leaning towards doing my own thing instead.
I would rather take my time and see things properly, as opposed to cramming in as much as possible. The thought is to travel by rail.
So with this information, could somebody with more knowledge than I assist with helping me choose some destinations? I would like to stop by Wales and/or Scotland if at all possible.
I do realise there's a lot I won't be able to see, and I won't even try.
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get Hotmail tech issues corrected?
- 2 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 3 Best Indian Food
- 4 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 5 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 8 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 13 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Need Information about French Alps
- 16 dinner jackets
- 17 France Itinerary Advice
- 18 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 19 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 20 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 23 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid