Our initial plans:
My husband and I are planning to spend 10 nights in Portugal, late November/early december. We wouldn't want to be moving around too much, so we were thinking about spending 6 nights in Lisbon, then travel by train to Porto and spend 4 nights there. Planning on flying into Lisbon and out of Porto.
While we are in Lisbon, besides seeing the main sights and walking around the different neighborhoods, we would like to take some day trips, if possible, to Sintra, Queluz and Obidos.
While in Porto we would love to take a Duoro River Cruise tour and do a day trip to the Duoro Valley maybe to Amarante.
We are planning on renting an apartment on the Chiado neighborhood in Lisbon and we are looking at an apartment across the river overlooking Porto.
Who we are: we are pretty seasoned travelers, we like to enjoy not just the sights but also the local culture of every city we visit. That's why we like staying at an apartment instead of a hotel and prefer not to move from one city to the other so we can relax and take in everything these places have to offer. We are in our early to mid 50's, decent shape for walking and light hikes. Love food and wine!!! And are not afraid of getting off the beaten path.
Here are our questions:
1. Are 6 nights in Lisbon and 4 nights in Porto a good distribution of time? Should we include another city that should not be missed?
2. Is it better to do Lisbon first and then Porto or the other way around? (We could reverse our flight arraigments).
3. Would you consider Chiado to be a good and central location in Lisbon?
4. Would it be possible to do our day trips on our own? We are planning on using public transportation, but we would rent a car or even better a scooter/motorcycle for the day if that would help us make the trips easier.
5. We see that there are at least 4 sights in Sintra that we would love to see: Palacio de Pena, Sintra Palace, Parque de Monserrate and Quinta da Regaleira. Is it possible to see all these in one day?
6. We see that there are several boat tours on the Duoro River, is there one that you would recommend?
7. Is it reasonable to think that we could get to Amarante on a day trip from Porto? Could we do this on a scooter/motorcycle? Would it be better to rent a car or do an organized tour?
8. The apartment that we are looking to rent while in Porto is close to the Dom Luis I bridge. Overlooks at the city of Porto across the river. Can you tell if this is a nice area? Is it easy to walk across the bridge into the city? The reviews sound so good and the pictures look great so we are very tempted to go for it.
We have planned many vacations with the help of all of you and I can't wait to see your comments and suggestions. Thank you very much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 우리카지노먹튀▲▲◎◆◆NOLZA007。ＣＯM▲▲◎◆◆연예인도박
- 2 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼발리바고바카라
- 3 My Topic Title바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼정선바카라
- 4 온라인카지노총판▲▲◎◆◆NOLZA007。ＣＯM▲▲◎◆◆정선카지노중고차
- 5 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼리얼바카라게임
- 6 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼베팅바카라
- 7 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 8 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 9 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 10 Best of Norway
- 11 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 12 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 13 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 14 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 15 Train up the Jungfrau
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Charming areas to explore in London
- 18 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 19 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 20 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 21 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 22 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 23 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 24 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 25 Barcelona plus Montserrat plus Costa Brava plus San Sebastian in 9 days?
Our initial plans: