We got most of our itinerary (mid-May, 2016) planned but are still deliberating where to spend the remaining 2 nights.
Fixed: Landing late in Venice, departing late from Milan (MXP)
We think that traveling by train is better than by car, but are open to suggestions.
We wish to spend:
Venice: 3 nights
Cinque Terre: 4 nights
?: 2 nights
Our thoughts are, should we stop on the way from Venice to CT and spend there 2 nights?
Since we are not museums / churches / art type of persons, we didn't see Florence as a major attraction.
Parma and Bologna look nice, but we're not sure what to do there 2 nights.
We thought of going from Venice to CT, and then from CT to Varenna (Lake Como) and spend there 2 nights, but it'd mean spending another 5 hours on the train to get to Varenna.
Please share your ideas and remarks.
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass
- 9 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Athens
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out