We got most of our itinerary (mid-May, 2016) planned but are still deliberating where to spend the remaining 2 nights.
Fixed: Landing late in Venice, departing late from Milan (MXP)
We think that traveling by train is better than by car, but are open to suggestions.
We wish to spend:
Venice: 3 nights
Cinque Terre: 4 nights
?: 2 nights
Our thoughts are, should we stop on the way from Venice to CT and spend there 2 nights?
Since we are not museums / churches / art type of persons, we didn't see Florence as a major attraction.
Parma and Bologna look nice, but we're not sure what to do there 2 nights.
We thought of going from Venice to CT, and then from CT to Varenna (Lake Como) and spend there 2 nights, but it'd mean spending another 5 hours on the train to get to Varenna.
Please share your ideas and remarks.
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 2 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 3 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 4 Where should I go with my family?
- 5 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 6 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 7 First Solo Adventure
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 13 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 14 SE ITALY
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 18 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 19 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 20 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 21 Alitala
- 22 October 2017 trip - need insight into last leg of trip...
- 23 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 24 Croatia short sail trip
- 25 Stu Tower