We got most of our itinerary (mid-May, 2016) planned but are still deliberating where to spend the remaining 2 nights.
Fixed: Landing late in Venice, departing late from Milan (MXP)
We think that traveling by train is better than by car, but are open to suggestions.
We wish to spend:
Venice: 3 nights
Cinque Terre: 4 nights
?: 2 nights
Our thoughts are, should we stop on the way from Venice to CT and spend there 2 nights?
Since we are not museums / churches / art type of persons, we didn't see Florence as a major attraction.
Parma and Bologna look nice, but we're not sure what to do there 2 nights.
We thought of going from Venice to CT, and then from CT to Varenna (Lake Como) and spend there 2 nights, but it'd mean spending another 5 hours on the train to get to Varenna.
Please share your ideas and remarks.
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 2 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 3 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 4 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Uffizi Phone Number
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 9 France Itinerary Advice
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 12 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 19 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 20 Firt time VISA applicant
- 21 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 22 Murren to Prague
- 23 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 24 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich