I've booked my first trip to Europe from October 2nd until October 25th, and will be traveling solo (Thankfully my work allowed me to use all my PTO in one stretch!) My flight lands into Copenhagen, and I have to leave out of Stockholm (Not by choice, the Airline I'm using is Norwegian so I'm bound to certain cities leaving back, otherwise I would axe Stockholm.) I know there are a lot of posts saying people try and cram too many cities into one trip, and I feel I may be one of those people! My current itinerary is:
Copenhagen - October 2nd-October 5th (6:00AM flight to Amsterdam)
Amsterdam - October 6th -October 9th (Overnight train to Prague)
Prague - October 10th - October 14th (Train/Overnight train to Vienna)
Vienna - October 15th - October 19th (4 hour ride to Innsbruck)
Innsbruck - October 20th - October 22nd (Fly into Stockholm)
Stockholm - October 23rd - October 25th (Departure)
My question is, will this trip be feasible before I further book accommodations? Or is this way too many cities in a short time span? I'm completely comfortable with 3 days per city, but don't want to feel too overwhelmed. Innsbruck would be my shortest stay, and if I had to eliminate a city, it would unfortunately be that due to time constraints and costs flying into Stockholm.
I'm open and welcome to suggestions! I'm mid twenties, and have no desire to party, but for scenery, history, and culture. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 2 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 3 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 4 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 8 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 9 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Towersey, London
- 12 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Biarritz family holiday
- 15 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 16 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 19 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 22 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 23 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona