I've booked my first trip to Europe from October 2nd until October 25th, and will be traveling solo (Thankfully my work allowed me to use all my PTO in one stretch!) My flight lands into Copenhagen, and I have to leave out of Stockholm (Not by choice, the Airline I'm using is Norwegian so I'm bound to certain cities leaving back, otherwise I would axe Stockholm.) I know there are a lot of posts saying people try and cram too many cities into one trip, and I feel I may be one of those people! My current itinerary is:
Copenhagen - October 2nd-October 5th (6:00AM flight to Amsterdam)
Amsterdam - October 6th -October 9th (Overnight train to Prague)
Prague - October 10th - October 14th (Train/Overnight train to Vienna)
Vienna - October 15th - October 19th (4 hour ride to Innsbruck)
Innsbruck - October 20th - October 22nd (Fly into Stockholm)
Stockholm - October 23rd - October 25th (Departure)
My question is, will this trip be feasible before I further book accommodations? Or is this way too many cities in a short time span? I'm completely comfortable with 3 days per city, but don't want to feel too overwhelmed. Innsbruck would be my shortest stay, and if I had to eliminate a city, it would unfortunately be that due to time constraints and costs flying into Stockholm.
I'm open and welcome to suggestions! I'm mid twenties, and have no desire to party, but for scenery, history, and culture. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 6 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 7 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 8 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 9 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 10 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 11 dinner jackets
- 12 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 13 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 14 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 15 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 16 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 17 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 18 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 23 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 2 weeks Europe trip