I've booked my first trip to Europe from October 2nd until October 25th, and will be traveling solo (Thankfully my work allowed me to use all my PTO in one stretch!) My flight lands into Copenhagen, and I have to leave out of Stockholm (Not by choice, the Airline I'm using is Norwegian so I'm bound to certain cities leaving back, otherwise I would axe Stockholm.) I know there are a lot of posts saying people try and cram too many cities into one trip, and I feel I may be one of those people! My current itinerary is:
Copenhagen - October 2nd-October 5th (6:00AM flight to Amsterdam)
Amsterdam - October 6th -October 9th (Overnight train to Prague)
Prague - October 10th - October 14th (Train/Overnight train to Vienna)
Vienna - October 15th - October 19th (4 hour ride to Innsbruck)
Innsbruck - October 20th - October 22nd (Fly into Stockholm)
Stockholm - October 23rd - October 25th (Departure)
My question is, will this trip be feasible before I further book accommodations? Or is this way too many cities in a short time span? I'm completely comfortable with 3 days per city, but don't want to feel too overwhelmed. Innsbruck would be my shortest stay, and if I had to eliminate a city, it would unfortunately be that due to time constraints and costs flying into Stockholm.
I'm open and welcome to suggestions! I'm mid twenties, and have no desire to party, but for scenery, history, and culture. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 4 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 5 Lisbon
- 6 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 7 Car insurance in Iceland
- 8 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Scotland - We're Here!
- 13 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 Cappadocia in June
- 16 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 17 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 18 Krakow
- 19 Amsterdam
- 20 Travelling Iceland
- 21 Moscow Favorites
- 22 Couscous
- 23 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy