I have spent quite a bit of time reviewing the valuable information in this forum - thank you! I am hoping to get some advice on our itinerary for June 2016. My husband and I will be traveling with our 7-year old son. We live in the United States. We will be in Europe for just over two weeks.
Our tentative plan is:
6/11 - arrive at AMS midday
6/12, 6/13, 6/14 - Amsterdam
6/15 - travel to Paris
6/16, 6/17, 6/18 - Paris
6/19 - travel to Lausanne
6/20 - Lausanne
6/21 - travel to Murren
6/22, 6/23 - Murren
6/24 - travel to Geneva
6/25 - travel back home
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/advice on this itinerary. In particular:
Should we take a day away from Paris and instead spend it in Murren (or Lausanne)?
Is Lausanne worth the stop, or are there other destinations that are more worthwhile? We have not traveled in Switzerland and would like a bigger city destination in addition to Murren.
Any advice on kid-friendly sites in Paris? Where should we stay in Paris?
In short, I am hoping for any advice on the Paris and Switzerland portions of the tip. We will be visiting family in the Netherlands, so that part of the trip is taken care of.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WIRELESS CANON set-up CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT b*G
- 2 Naples + Walking Tour
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Paris for children
- 6 Madrid food advice needed
- 7 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 8 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 9 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 10 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 11 Couscous
- 12 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 14 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 15 IWM
- 16 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 17 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 18 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 19 One July night in Verona - help!
- 20 Avoid Europcar!
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 24 Scotland - We're Here!
- 25 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please