I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments as I've tried to put together an itinerary for our first European holiday. I'd really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or ideas you can give about my first draft plan as below.
From Perth, Australia for 4 weeks
Rome 5 nights
Florence 4 nights - visit Lucca, Sienna
Munich 4 nights - Salzberg and Dachau trips
Prague - 3 nights
Berlin - 4 nights
Paris - 6 nights - Villers-Bretonneux, Versailles
We're leaving Spain, Greece, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland until another trip as we are trying to avoid over planning. It's obviously an exercise in making difficult choices as I'd really love to go everywhere! We have been to London and Dublin in recent years so have deliberately left off UK this time.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have and any comment on this plan.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 6 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 9 London 2nd time around
- 10 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 11 Traveling in France by train
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 14 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 15 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 16 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 17 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 18 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 19 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 20 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 21 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 22 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 23 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 24 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 25 Sicily - not a trip report