I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments as I've tried to put together an itinerary for our first European holiday. I'd really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or ideas you can give about my first draft plan as below.
From Perth, Australia for 4 weeks
Rome 5 nights
Florence 4 nights - visit Lucca, Sienna
Munich 4 nights - Salzberg and Dachau trips
Prague - 3 nights
Berlin - 4 nights
Paris - 6 nights - Villers-Bretonneux, Versailles
We're leaving Spain, Greece, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland until another trip as we are trying to avoid over planning. It's obviously an exercise in making difficult choices as I'd really love to go everywhere! We have been to London and Dublin in recent years so have deliberately left off UK this time.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have and any comment on this plan.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 2 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 3 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 4 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 5 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 6 Five nights in Extremadura
- 7 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 10 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 11 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 12 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 15 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 18 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 19 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 20 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 21 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 22 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 23 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 24 Food tours in Rome?
- 25 Rome Food Tour