I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments as I've tried to put together an itinerary for our first European holiday. I'd really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or ideas you can give about my first draft plan as below.
From Perth, Australia for 4 weeks
Rome 5 nights
Florence 4 nights - visit Lucca, Sienna
Munich 4 nights - Salzberg and Dachau trips
Prague - 3 nights
Berlin - 4 nights
Paris - 6 nights - Villers-Bretonneux, Versailles
We're leaving Spain, Greece, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland until another trip as we are trying to avoid over planning. It's obviously an exercise in making difficult choices as I'd really love to go everywhere! We have been to London and Dublin in recent years so have deliberately left off UK this time.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have and any comment on this plan.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg itinerary review
- 2 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 3 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 4 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 7 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 8 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 9 Milan and Lake Como
- 10 weekend from cologne germany
- 11 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 12 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 13 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 16 Where to eat in Rome?
- 17 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 18 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 19 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Positano or Sorrento?
- 22 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 25 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?