I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments as I've tried to put together an itinerary for our first European holiday. I'd really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or ideas you can give about my first draft plan as below.
From Perth, Australia for 4 weeks
Rome 5 nights
Florence 4 nights - visit Lucca, Sienna
Munich 4 nights - Salzberg and Dachau trips
Prague - 3 nights
Berlin - 4 nights
Paris - 6 nights - Villers-Bretonneux, Versailles
We're leaving Spain, Greece, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland until another trip as we are trying to avoid over planning. It's obviously an exercise in making difficult choices as I'd really love to go everywhere! We have been to London and Dublin in recent years so have deliberately left off UK this time.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have and any comment on this plan.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 2 Transportation in Paris
- 3 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 4 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 5 2 for 1 tickets
- 6 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 7 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 8 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 9 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 10 Split to Venice. Help!
- 11 Andaz Liverpool street or Hyde park?
- 12 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 13 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 14 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 15 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 16 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 17 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 18 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 19 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 20 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 21 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 22 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 23 Monet's Giverny
- 24 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 25 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.