I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments as I've tried to put together an itinerary for our first European holiday. I'd really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or ideas you can give about my first draft plan as below.
From Perth, Australia for 4 weeks
Rome 5 nights
Florence 4 nights - visit Lucca, Sienna
Munich 4 nights - Salzberg and Dachau trips
Prague - 3 nights
Berlin - 4 nights
Paris - 6 nights - Villers-Bretonneux, Versailles
We're leaving Spain, Greece, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland until another trip as we are trying to avoid over planning. It's obviously an exercise in making difficult choices as I'd really love to go everywhere! We have been to London and Dublin in recent years so have deliberately left off UK this time.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have and any comment on this plan.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 3 What about Basque Country?
- 4 Renting a car in Florence
- 5 First time in Italy
- 6 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 7 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 8 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 9 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 10 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 11 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 12 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 13 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 14 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 15 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 16 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 17 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 18 italy itinerary request
- 19 6 Aussies escape to France - Paris, Provence & Dordogne
- 20 Pompeii luggage storage
- 21 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 22 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 23 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 24 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 25 Sardinia for young travellers