I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments as I've tried to put together an itinerary for our first European holiday. I'd really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or ideas you can give about my first draft plan as below.
From Perth, Australia for 4 weeks
Rome 5 nights
Florence 4 nights - visit Lucca, Sienna
Munich 4 nights - Salzberg and Dachau trips
Prague - 3 nights
Berlin - 4 nights
Paris - 6 nights - Villers-Bretonneux, Versailles
We're leaving Spain, Greece, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland until another trip as we are trying to avoid over planning. It's obviously an exercise in making difficult choices as I'd really love to go everywhere! We have been to London and Dublin in recent years so have deliberately left off UK this time.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have and any comment on this plan.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 10 5 Days in Switzerland
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 13 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 14 International Flight Question
- 15 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 16 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 17 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 22 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 23 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 24 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please