Please see below current rough itinerary for a trip with my partner this year, 6 Sep - 3 Oct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This will be our first big trip. We are both in our early twenties and feel we can go go go, hence the current itinerary. Ofcourse with so many cities, we wont see everything however we are not overly interested in art or museums. Ofcourse I am looking into pre-purchasing/booking as much as possible to skip ques etc.
Budget with everything inclusive is 20000 AUS = roughly 15500 EUR.
If anyone can please advise on flights vs rail, time allocated to each city, heathy budget or not, etc.
06/09/13 London - Arrive @ Heathrow at 5:30PM
09/09/13 London - Day trip to Bath and Stonehenge
10/09/13 London/Paris - Rail
13/09/13 Paris - Trip to Versailles
14/09/13 Paris/Rome - Flight
18/09/13 Rome/Venice - Flight
22/09/13 Venice/Berlin - Flight
25/09/13 Berlin - Sachsenhausen concentration camp
26/09/13 Berlin/Brussels - Flight
27/09/13 Brussels (unsure whether to stay in Brussells or Bruges yet)
28/09/13 Brussels - Day trip to Bruges and Ghent
29/09/13 Brussels - Half day trip to Antwerp
30/09/13 Brussels/Amsterdam - Train
03/10/13 Amsterdam / Leave for home at 7:15pm
Thank you in advance.
Itinerary advice - 4 weeks in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 2 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 3 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 4 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 5 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 6 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 7 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 8 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 9 Help with England/Wales tour
- 10 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 11 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 12 Reykjavik hotels
- 13 Hotels that we found special
- 14 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 15 Too many Trip Reports
- 16 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 17 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 18 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 21 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 22 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 23 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 24 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia