This is a revised Itinerary for a trip to Europe in March next year, hoping to book some flights soon while prices are still low. I would appreciate any comments or feedback, i have not been to most of these places before (only Paris) so please let me know if i have missed the mark with this itinerary. As it is March when we are in Germany not many castles are open hence staying in Braubach (Marksburg is open). Originally i was planning to day trip out of Frankfurt and stay there a week but that was not very well received and i was advised against this. I do want to see Bamberg and have fit this in even though it is a little out of the way from the general direction i am heading, what do you think? Should i skip it in favour of more time in Heidelberg or add Trier between Braubach and Luxembourg. My husband is no help 'whatever you think' is his most common reply. Bamberg seems to be very popular and it does interest me but if it is totally mad i will leave it off.
Day 1 Flight to Frankfurt/ Train to Bamberg
Day 4 Bamberg to Heidelberg
Day 6 Heidelberg to Braubach
Day 9 Braubach to Luxembourg
Day 12 Lux to Paris
Day 17 Paris to Milan (early morning) Am considering doing a flight to Milan in the morning and train to venice in the arvo leaving enough time to see the a Last supper, which is all i am interested in about Milan.
Day 18 Milan to Venice
Day 22 Venice to Florence
Day 25 Florence to Rome
The other option is to fly into Paris, take the route from Paris through Lux down to Munich and from Munich take the scenic train from Munich to Venice. This would mean leaving out Milan all together.
The planning has been fun but with so many options i think i my plans are getting to big. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 Interesting places to visit
- 3 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Germany train help!
- 6 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 7 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 8 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 13 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 16 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 17 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 18 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 25 Acropolis Athens