This is a revised Itinerary for a trip to Europe in March next year, hoping to book some flights soon while prices are still low. I would appreciate any comments or feedback, i have not been to most of these places before (only Paris) so please let me know if i have missed the mark with this itinerary. As it is March when we are in Germany not many castles are open hence staying in Braubach (Marksburg is open). Originally i was planning to day trip out of Frankfurt and stay there a week but that was not very well received and i was advised against this. I do want to see Bamberg and have fit this in even though it is a little out of the way from the general direction i am heading, what do you think? Should i skip it in favour of more time in Heidelberg or add Trier between Braubach and Luxembourg. My husband is no help 'whatever you think' is his most common reply. Bamberg seems to be very popular and it does interest me but if it is totally mad i will leave it off.
Day 1 Flight to Frankfurt/ Train to Bamberg
Day 4 Bamberg to Heidelberg
Day 6 Heidelberg to Braubach
Day 9 Braubach to Luxembourg
Day 12 Lux to Paris
Day 17 Paris to Milan (early morning) Am considering doing a flight to Milan in the morning and train to venice in the arvo leaving enough time to see the a Last supper, which is all i am interested in about Milan.
Day 18 Milan to Venice
Day 22 Venice to Florence
Day 25 Florence to Rome
The other option is to fly into Paris, take the route from Paris through Lux down to Munich and from Munich take the scenic train from Munich to Venice. This would mean leaving out Milan all together.
The planning has been fun but with so many options i think i my plans are getting to big. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 2 Rentals car in Italy: FAQ
- 3 Fine with a rental car in Italy
- 4 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 5 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 6 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 7 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 8 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 9 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 10 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 11 going to italy
- 12 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 13 How do you find French food?
- 14 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 15 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 18 where to stay in Germany
- 19 Iceland for 2.5 weeks till mid october : Advice please
- 20 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 21 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 22 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 23 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 24 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 25 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report