This is a revised Itinerary for a trip to Europe in March next year, hoping to book some flights soon while prices are still low. I would appreciate any comments or feedback, i have not been to most of these places before (only Paris) so please let me know if i have missed the mark with this itinerary. As it is March when we are in Germany not many castles are open hence staying in Braubach (Marksburg is open). Originally i was planning to day trip out of Frankfurt and stay there a week but that was not very well received and i was advised against this. I do want to see Bamberg and have fit this in even though it is a little out of the way from the general direction i am heading, what do you think? Should i skip it in favour of more time in Heidelberg or add Trier between Braubach and Luxembourg. My husband is no help 'whatever you think' is his most common reply. Bamberg seems to be very popular and it does interest me but if it is totally mad i will leave it off.
Day 1 Flight to Frankfurt/ Train to Bamberg
Day 4 Bamberg to Heidelberg
Day 6 Heidelberg to Braubach
Day 9 Braubach to Luxembourg
Day 12 Lux to Paris
Day 17 Paris to Milan (early morning) Am considering doing a flight to Milan in the morning and train to venice in the arvo leaving enough time to see the a Last supper, which is all i am interested in about Milan.
Day 18 Milan to Venice
Day 22 Venice to Florence
Day 25 Florence to Rome
The other option is to fly into Paris, take the route from Paris through Lux down to Munich and from Munich take the scenic train from Munich to Venice. This would mean leaving out Milan all together.
The planning has been fun but with so many options i think i my plans are getting to big. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 2 Lucerne Switzerland
- 3 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 4 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 5 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 6 Tipping in the UK
- 7 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 8 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 9 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 10 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 11 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 12 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 13 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 14 Solo grad trip in Europe, 24 days in November! Critique appreciated.
- 15 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 16 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 17 2 weeks in Spain
- 18 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 19 at what point should one get health insurance
- 20 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 21 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 22 First visit to France in November
- 23 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 24 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 25 4 Months in Europe