This is a revised Itinerary for a trip to Europe in March next year, hoping to book some flights soon while prices are still low. I would appreciate any comments or feedback, i have not been to most of these places before (only Paris) so please let me know if i have missed the mark with this itinerary. As it is March when we are in Germany not many castles are open hence staying in Braubach (Marksburg is open). Originally i was planning to day trip out of Frankfurt and stay there a week but that was not very well received and i was advised against this. I do want to see Bamberg and have fit this in even though it is a little out of the way from the general direction i am heading, what do you think? Should i skip it in favour of more time in Heidelberg or add Trier between Braubach and Luxembourg. My husband is no help 'whatever you think' is his most common reply. Bamberg seems to be very popular and it does interest me but if it is totally mad i will leave it off.
Day 1 Flight to Frankfurt/ Train to Bamberg
Day 4 Bamberg to Heidelberg
Day 6 Heidelberg to Braubach
Day 9 Braubach to Luxembourg
Day 12 Lux to Paris
Day 17 Paris to Milan (early morning) Am considering doing a flight to Milan in the morning and train to venice in the arvo leaving enough time to see the a Last supper, which is all i am interested in about Milan.
Day 18 Milan to Venice
Day 22 Venice to Florence
Day 25 Florence to Rome
The other option is to fly into Paris, take the route from Paris through Lux down to Munich and from Munich take the scenic train from Munich to Venice. This would mean leaving out Milan all together.
The planning has been fun but with so many options i think i my plans are getting to big. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 2 "Untours" as a tour guide
- 3 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 4 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 5 Help with Lucerne in April
- 6 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 7 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 8 Car rental at Athens airport
- 9 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 10 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 11 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 12 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 13 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 14 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 15 Question About Belgiun Train Travel
- 16 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 17 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 18 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 19 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 20 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 21 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 22 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 23 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 24 Sea side in Italy
- 25 Single Malts