Female traveler, going solo, requesting your help urgently in forming an itinerary which includes the following countries/regions/cities on a 14 day journey (excluding travel time): Germany (Bavaria), Austria (Salzburg or Hallstatt or Vienna), plus Dubrovnik in Croatia, and Czech Republic. As inconvenient as flying to Dubrovnik sounds, I have friends who will be there from July 4 though 11, so I'd like to try meeting them for a 3 or 4 night stay before reaching the last stop which could be Prague. Thinking of flying home from Prague due to the more economical open-jaw fare.
Travel Dates: Leaving US on Sunday, June 28 for Munich, returning to US on July 13th or 14th from Prague (if that's a sensible departure point based on my prospective itinerary).
Potential division of my time: Maybe 5 days in Germany, travel to and through Austria on day 6 through 8, leave for Croatia on day 9 from Vienna. Stay in Croatia on days 9, 10, 11, fly or train to Prague on day 12, stay there day 13, returning to the US on morning of day 14th (or 1 extra day).
Some questions please:
1. Is this too much travel for a 2 week itinerary?
2. Do I need to drop Croatia and stick to Bavaria, Austria and Czech Republic or else, Budapest for this 14 or 15 day itinerary?
My approximate day-by-day itinerary:
1. Reach Munich around 9 a.m. on Monday, June 29th. Afternoon and evening Munich.
2. Tues June 30th-morning in Munich, not sure about afternoon.
3. Wed July 1 - day trip or overnight to some other small town in Bavaria
4. Thu July 2 - ? Bavaria
5. Fri July 3? Bavaria
6. Sat July 4 - train to some place in Austria, maybe Salzburg? Stay overnight?
7. Sun July 5 train to Vienna
8. Mon July 6 Flight from Vienna to Dubrovnik, reaching around 4 or 5 p.m. (I currently see a flight from Vienna to Dubrovnik and Dubrovnik to Prague for under $300).
Days 9, 10, 11 in Dubrovnik-Tues Jly 7 through Thursday Jly 9 (maybe a day trip within Croatia during this time)
9. Flight Fri, July 10 to Prague reaching in the evening. Night in Prague
10. Sat July 11 Prague?
11 Sun July 12 Prague?
11. Monday July 13 fly home from Prague
Your tips and ALL suggestions welcomed! I have to finalize my air ticket for starters before the open-jaw flights increase in price. I also have to book my multi-city Austria-Croatia-Austria ticket (which could change based on your suggestions). I haven't figured out my hotel options yet, maybe a combination of Air Bnb and hotels this time.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 2 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 3 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 4 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 5 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 6 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 7 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 8 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 9 Valencia Spain
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Europe for Beginners
- 12 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 13 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 14 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 15 13 nights in switzerland
- 16 Best daypack ?
- 17 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 20 Paris in August
- 21 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 22 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 23 Use of Train Tickets
- 24 Short time in Vienna
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague