Female traveler, going solo, requesting your help urgently in forming an itinerary which includes the following countries/regions/cities on a 14 day journey (excluding travel time): Germany (Bavaria), Austria (Salzburg or Hallstatt or Vienna), plus Dubrovnik in Croatia, and Czech Republic. As inconvenient as flying to Dubrovnik sounds, I have friends who will be there from July 4 though 11, so I'd like to try meeting them for a 3 or 4 night stay before reaching the last stop which could be Prague. Thinking of flying home from Prague due to the more economical open-jaw fare.
Travel Dates: Leaving US on Sunday, June 28 for Munich, returning to US on July 13th or 14th from Prague (if that's a sensible departure point based on my prospective itinerary).
Potential division of my time: Maybe 5 days in Germany, travel to and through Austria on day 6 through 8, leave for Croatia on day 9 from Vienna. Stay in Croatia on days 9, 10, 11, fly or train to Prague on day 12, stay there day 13, returning to the US on morning of day 14th (or 1 extra day).
Some questions please:
1. Is this too much travel for a 2 week itinerary?
2. Do I need to drop Croatia and stick to Bavaria, Austria and Czech Republic or else, Budapest for this 14 or 15 day itinerary?
My approximate day-by-day itinerary:
1. Reach Munich around 9 a.m. on Monday, June 29th. Afternoon and evening Munich.
2. Tues June 30th-morning in Munich, not sure about afternoon.
3. Wed July 1 - day trip or overnight to some other small town in Bavaria
4. Thu July 2 - ? Bavaria
5. Fri July 3? Bavaria
6. Sat July 4 - train to some place in Austria, maybe Salzburg? Stay overnight?
7. Sun July 5 train to Vienna
8. Mon July 6 Flight from Vienna to Dubrovnik, reaching around 4 or 5 p.m. (I currently see a flight from Vienna to Dubrovnik and Dubrovnik to Prague for under $300).
Days 9, 10, 11 in Dubrovnik-Tues Jly 7 through Thursday Jly 9 (maybe a day trip within Croatia during this time)
9. Flight Fri, July 10 to Prague reaching in the evening. Night in Prague
10. Sat July 11 Prague?
11 Sun July 12 Prague?
11. Monday July 13 fly home from Prague
Your tips and ALL suggestions welcomed! I have to finalize my air ticket for starters before the open-jaw flights increase in price. I also have to book my multi-city Austria-Croatia-Austria ticket (which could change based on your suggestions). I haven't figured out my hotel options yet, maybe a combination of Air Bnb and hotels this time.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Old European currency
- 2 Brugge hotel help
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 Paris hotels
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 London Hotels
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 12 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 13 Amsterdam hotels
- 14 1 month in Europe
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 18 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 19 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 20 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 21 Denmark or Sweden?
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 25 Which airport for Bellagio?
Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague