Good day people,
I plan to visit Switzerland for sightseeing for 8 days and then head down to Milan for 4 days.
this is my first time travelling solo backpacking to swiss and i know nuts anout the places,
if you don't mind, would you be as kind as to so review my planned itenary and see if I had allocated too much or too little days to each places. My main purpose of this trip is mainly for sightseeing in this beautiful country.
I will arrive ZURICH and depart MILAN MXP
arrive zurich > head to luzern sleep for the night.
spend 1 day in luzern area sight seeing.
leave for ponstresina in the morning, take glacier express from ponstresina to lausanne. sleep the night in lausanne
leave lausanne, take golden pass train to berner oberland, spend the night in berner oberland
spend 1?2? days in berner oberland for sightseeing
leave for bern in the morning, spend night in bern
spend 1 day in bern for sight seeing
leave for Zurich.
1) should i spend one day in zurich and head to italy the next day? or reach zurich and leave for italy on the day itself? considering I only have 12 days total and I hope to have 8 days for Switzerland.
2) someone suggested me staying in Lauterbrunnen for ease of sightseeing and connecting by train back to interlaken and Zurich, maybe can anyone help me to squeeze that into my itenary or is it not a feasibe idea?
3) im sorry may i know the ALPS is in which part of my itenary?
how do you feel about my itenary, should I cut down or squeeze in more days for certain places?
is the itenary do-able for a budget traveller like me, I plan to get a Swiss pass for all my train rides.
thank you for your time and help.
Itenary help for Switzerland sightseeing 8 days
Good day people,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great restaurants in Italy
- 2 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 3 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 4 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 5 Scotland and northern England
- 6 Germany for 3 weeks
- 7 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 8 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 9 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 10 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 11 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 12 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 13 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 14 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 15 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 16 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 17 WiFi on trains
- 18 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 19 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 20 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 21 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 22 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 23 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 24 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 25 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?