Looking for some advice on an itinerary for Switzerland/Italy in July. We will have 10 nights after flying into Zurich before departing Milan. We've settled on destinations as the Bernese Oberland (Murren / Wengen), the lakes region (Como / Lugano / Maggiore), and Cinque Terre. Trying to decide how best to divide our time... currently thinking 3-4 nights in the mountains, 3 nights on one of the lakes, 2 nights in CT, and 1-2 in Milan, but would welcome any advice recommendations from experienced travelers here.
We are a 30-year old couple, enjoy hiking & being outdoors. First time in Europe and will be traveling by train. Any suggestions/recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 5 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 6 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 7 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Passport proplems
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 12 Itinerary help...
- 13 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 19 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 24 A week in Paris
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?