Looking for some advice on an itinerary for Switzerland/Italy in July. We will have 10 nights after flying into Zurich before departing Milan. We've settled on destinations as the Bernese Oberland (Murren / Wengen), the lakes region (Como / Lugano / Maggiore), and Cinque Terre. Trying to decide how best to divide our time... currently thinking 3-4 nights in the mountains, 3 nights on one of the lakes, 2 nights in CT, and 1-2 in Milan, but would welcome any advice recommendations from experienced travelers here.
We are a 30-year old couple, enjoy hiking & being outdoors. First time in Europe and will be traveling by train. Any suggestions/recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 3 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 4 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 5 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 6 Guided Vatican Tours
- 7 Couscous
- 8 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 9 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Moscow Favorites
- 12 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 13 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Ibiiza Spain
- 16 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 17 Cartagena Spain
- 18 3 nights in Madrid
- 19 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 20 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 21 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 22 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 23 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 24 Help with Ireland Trip
- 25 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg