As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 월드카지노 $ 010MBC.COM $ 실시간카지노 $ 010MBC.COM $ 카지노 월드카지노 $ 010MBC.COM $
- 2 monterosso boat tour
- 3 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 4 DUBROVNIK TO BARI FERRY
- 5 My summer in Paris
- 6 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 7 9 days in Paris Plz help plan
- 8 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 9 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 10 Malaga resort day pass ?
- 11 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 12 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 13 Puglia and Matera
- 14 Whici part of the Pyreness is the most scenic part to visit in January?
- 15 Andalucia Itinerary
- 16 Need recommendations for car rental agencies in Crete and Naxos
- 17 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 18 Help with Slovenia / Croatia itinerary.
- 19 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 20 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 21 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 22 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 23 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 24 Day Trip From London
- 25 day trip from Glasgow