As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Italy/May 29-June16 2013/First Year Anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 2 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 3 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 4 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 5 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 6 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 7 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 8 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 9 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 10 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 11 Izmir or Bodrum in July?
- 12 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 13 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 14 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 15 Gorges du Verdon or take the A8 from Nice towards Aix?
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 18 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 19 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 20 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 21 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 22 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 23 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 Road Trip Part 1...............Madrid To Lisbon by Auto