As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Italy/May 29-June16 2013/First Year Anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich, Germany to Como, Italy Question
- 2 Florence/ Tuscany Wine
- 3 Take Your Geese Home When You Leave
- 4 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 5 Greek Island honeymoon
- 6 Garmisch
- 7 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 8 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 9 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 10 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France
- 11 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 12 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 13 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 14 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 15 Naples and Salerno
- 16 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 17 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 18 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 19 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 20 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 21 Driving from Madrid to Seville.
- 22 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 23 My poppy arrived today!
- 24 Recommendation for one day trip from Cortona for first timers
- 25 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris