As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Italy/May 29-June16 2013/First Year Anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 2 Skiing in Austria?
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 5 Rocamaxour
- 6 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 7 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 8 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 9 Germany for 3 weeks
- 10 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 11 Is this realistic... advice?
- 12 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 13 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 14 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 15 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 16 Lake Como or Lake Maggiore for beauty and nature
- 17 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 18 Dordogne lodging
- 19 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 20 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 21 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 22 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 25 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland