As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 시티랜드카지노게임→会【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】会←슈퍼카지노
- 2 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 3 마닐라카지노게임→人【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】人←슈퍼카지노
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 5 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 6 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 7 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 8 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 9 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 10 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 11 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 14 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 15 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 16 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 17 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 23 "Never Mind"
- 24 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 25 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands