As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Italy/May 29-June16 2013/First Year Anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Questions
- 2 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Mont St Michel
- 6 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 7 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 8 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 9 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 10 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 11 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 12 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Dublin Hostels
- 15 Avignon to London?
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 18 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 23 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)