As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rent a Car?
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 4 Whistle stop family road trip
- 5 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 6 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 7 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 8 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 11 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 12 Zadar or Sibenik
- 13 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 15 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 16 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 17 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 18 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 19 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 20 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 21 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 24 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 25 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art