As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Sept itinerary
- 2 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 3 Europe in 30 days: itinerary suggestions, anyone?! Please and thank you!
- 4 Should I buy Trenitalia tickets ahead of time for my parents?
- 5 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 6 England/Scotland in January?
- 7 Budapest main train station status
- 8 Train Ticket Krakow to Budapest
- 9 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 10 Any flight from London to Rimini?
- 11 Itinerary Check-In
- 12 PASSPORT number changed
- 13 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 14 Scotland itinerary
- 15 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 16 10 Days in Tuscany
- 17 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 18 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 19 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 20 Ice for a cooler
- 21 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 22 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 23 Getting Around Toledo
- 24 Going to Montmartre from Gare du Nord totally off the beaten track
- 25 Does the Paris Museum Pass cover the Picasso Museum?