As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Italy/May 29-June16 2013/First Year Anniversary
- 1 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 2 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 3 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 4 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 5 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 6 London at Xmas
- 7 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 8 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 9 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 10 ferry to Harwich
- 11 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 12 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 13 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 14 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 15 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 16 just want to know
- 17 Planning my trip to Italy
- 18 Backpacking through Europe
- 19 Sardinia July Our final plan
- 20 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 21 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 22 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 23 East coast trains
- 24 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 25 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations