As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Italy/May 29-June16 2013/First Year Anniversary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 73 - (Thursday) Pose Your Questions!
- 2 Euro quiz # 77 (Mon 3/16)... Pose Your Own Questions
- 3 Train from Monterosso to Padua
- 4 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 5 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 6 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 7 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 8 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 9 Paris Perfect Soap
- 10 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 11 Train tickets within Italy
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 14 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question
- 15 My poppy arrived today!
- 16 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 17 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 18 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 19 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 20 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 21 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 22 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 23 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 24 Southwestern England
- 25 Requesting help with Spain Itin - Couple with 12 YO