As the topic title suggests, I will be travelling to Italy for over two weeks at the end of May, early June, for my first wedding anniversary and my best friend's wedding at Lake Como. I have no idea where to start and would like some guidance...I have never ever been disappointed by any of my fellow fodorites, so I decided to jump online and get a thread started!
My husband and I will be arriving in Milan on Thursday, May 30, and will be staying at Lake Como until Monday, June 3rd. We then will have 14 days/13 nights to travel around Italy before going back to NYC.
I have been to Italy numerous times and my husband has not been at all, and he is leaving the planning up to me. I was thinking from Lake Como, travel to Florence and stay for 4 nights, then go to Rome and stay for 3 nights and then travel to Capri for the rest of the vaca and take mini day tours to Sorrento, Positano, etc. A friend suggested we stay on the island of Capri and take mini excursions every day, but I am not sure I want to depend on having to take a boat each and every time my husband and I want to tour. I think it would make more sense to have a "base" somewhere along the Amalfi Coast and rent a car. We would have 7 days to spend in Capri. Is that too much time to spend? Also, my husband would love to go to Venice as well, but I am not sure if we should, or even can, do four cities in two weeks.
This being our first anniversary, we also want to relax, and not be exhausted froom sight seeing every day.
So, I know this post is very long, but any suggestions/help would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 London Hotels
- 3 부산경마예상之↑【→ KO327.ZE.AM ←】↓之부산경마예상
- 4 경마배팅之↑【→ KO327.ZE.AM ←】↓之경마배팅
- 5 10 days in Paris and......
- 6 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 7 1 month in Europe
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 13 Paris hotels
- 14 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 21 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 Iceland in 7 days.
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139