We are trying to plan a two week trip. Since my kids finish history with the fall of the Roman Empire this year, we thought it would be great to plan a trip to see some of those places (Coliseum, Acropolis, etc...) and a bit of a vacation as well. Thinking of Rome & southern Italy, plus a day or two in Athens, plus a few days on a Greek island.
Early June, so it is the height of tourist season, but we have to work around school...
1) any recos for "must sees" in that region of Italy
2) best Greek island? Would like to avoid Santorini, given the height of tourist season
3) any other tidbits of advice, places to avoid, etc...
this is our first time to both places. While I would love to see more of Italy, and the Greek islands trying to be reasonable with time. Kids will be 12 & 9 at time of trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Cognac transportation?
- 5 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 6 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 Tour of Northern Italy
- 9 San Sebastian
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 17 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 Barcelona cooking classes
- 22 1st time in ZURICH
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 25 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included