We are trying to plan a two week trip. Since my kids finish history with the fall of the Roman Empire this year, we thought it would be great to plan a trip to see some of those places (Coliseum, Acropolis, etc...) and a bit of a vacation as well. Thinking of Rome & southern Italy, plus a day or two in Athens, plus a few days on a Greek island.
Early June, so it is the height of tourist season, but we have to work around school...
1) any recos for "must sees" in that region of Italy
2) best Greek island? Would like to avoid Santorini, given the height of tourist season
3) any other tidbits of advice, places to avoid, etc...
this is our first time to both places. While I would love to see more of Italy, and the Greek islands trying to be reasonable with time. Kids will be 12 & 9 at time of trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Legal documents assistants
- 2 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 3 ATM help
- 4 ATM
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 London is it worth it?
- 10 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 11 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 12 Montserrat Express
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Places to stop/stay?
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 transportation from De Gaulle airport