We are trying to plan a two week trip. Since my kids finish history with the fall of the Roman Empire this year, we thought it would be great to plan a trip to see some of those places (Coliseum, Acropolis, etc...) and a bit of a vacation as well. Thinking of Rome & southern Italy, plus a day or two in Athens, plus a few days on a Greek island.
Early June, so it is the height of tourist season, but we have to work around school...
1) any recos for "must sees" in that region of Italy
2) best Greek island? Would like to avoid Santorini, given the height of tourist season
3) any other tidbits of advice, places to avoid, etc...
this is our first time to both places. While I would love to see more of Italy, and the Greek islands trying to be reasonable with time. Kids will be 12 & 9 at time of trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month in Europe
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 19 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 22 Iceland in 7 days.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Luggage Storage
- 25 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?