We are trying to plan a two week trip. Since my kids finish history with the fall of the Roman Empire this year, we thought it would be great to plan a trip to see some of those places (Coliseum, Acropolis, etc...) and a bit of a vacation as well. Thinking of Rome & southern Italy, plus a day or two in Athens, plus a few days on a Greek island.
Early June, so it is the height of tourist season, but we have to work around school...
1) any recos for "must sees" in that region of Italy
2) best Greek island? Would like to avoid Santorini, given the height of tourist season
3) any other tidbits of advice, places to avoid, etc...
this is our first time to both places. While I would love to see more of Italy, and the Greek islands trying to be reasonable with time. Kids will be 12 & 9 at time of trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Paris to Italy
- 4 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 11 Iceland early december visit
- 12 Frankfurt to UK
- 13 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 14 God Save the Queen?
- 15 Road trip with our dog
- 16 Milan or Turin
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris