We are trying to plan a two week trip. Since my kids finish history with the fall of the Roman Empire this year, we thought it would be great to plan a trip to see some of those places (Coliseum, Acropolis, etc...) and a bit of a vacation as well. Thinking of Rome & southern Italy, plus a day or two in Athens, plus a few days on a Greek island.
Early June, so it is the height of tourist season, but we have to work around school...
1) any recos for "must sees" in that region of Italy
2) best Greek island? Would like to avoid Santorini, given the height of tourist season
3) any other tidbits of advice, places to avoid, etc...
this is our first time to both places. While I would love to see more of Italy, and the Greek islands trying to be reasonable with time. Kids will be 12 & 9 at time of trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208AOLTec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Studying art in English in venice
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 6 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 7 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 8 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 18 Trogir or Split
- 19 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 25 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris