We are trying to plan a two week trip. Since my kids finish history with the fall of the Roman Empire this year, we thought it would be great to plan a trip to see some of those places (Coliseum, Acropolis, etc...) and a bit of a vacation as well. Thinking of Rome & southern Italy, plus a day or two in Athens, plus a few days on a Greek island.
Early June, so it is the height of tourist season, but we have to work around school...
1) any recos for "must sees" in that region of Italy
2) best Greek island? Would like to avoid Santorini, given the height of tourist season
3) any other tidbits of advice, places to avoid, etc...
this is our first time to both places. While I would love to see more of Italy, and the Greek islands trying to be reasonable with time. Kids will be 12 & 9 at time of trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 First time in London
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 Greek fuel cost
- 7 VRBO South Kensington
- 8 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 9 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 10 Vacation
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 14 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 15 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 16 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 17 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 18 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 19 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Seville- Ronda drive time