I'm planning a trip to Italy and the French Riviera with my husband and twins (who will be 9 at the time). My husband and I have been to Europe a few times (including to Venice, Florence, Rome, the Amalfi Coast, Capri, the Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Como, Milan and Paris), but this will be the kids' first trip.
I want to go to Tuscany (I've never been, except to Florence) the French Riviera, and Venice. My husband and I were married in Venice and I want to show the kids. I think my kids would like all of these places. We all love hiking, art, architecture and food, and the kids love to swim. My thought is to try to get a place with a pool in Tuscany and to be near nice beaches in the French Riviera. We don't like to move around too much, especially with the kids.
In Tuscany, I'm pretty sure I want to visit Lucca, Pisa, Pienza, Siena, San Gimignano, and Volterra.
So, what do you think of something like this:
Venice (3 nights)
Tuscany (7 nights, thinking of 5 near Sienna and 2 near Lucca)
French Riviera (7 nights, am thinking possibly Antibes)
I was thinking we could fly into Venice, and out of where? Nice?
Where would we pick up our car for Tuscany? Outside of Venice? Or, should we take the train and then pick up a car and, if so, where?
Do we need a car in the French Riviera?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 2 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 3 TIM in FCO - update
- 4 Visa Query
- 5 London in Winter Report
- 6 Visit to Sardinia
- 7 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 8 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 9 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 10 Legal documents assistants
- 11 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 12 ATM help
- 13 ATM
- 14 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 15 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 16 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 17 London is it worth it?
- 18 Montserrat Express
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 22 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 23 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 24 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?