I'm planning a trip to Italy and the French Riviera with my husband and twins (who will be 9 at the time). My husband and I have been to Europe a few times (including to Venice, Florence, Rome, the Amalfi Coast, Capri, the Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Como, Milan and Paris), but this will be the kids' first trip.
I want to go to Tuscany (I've never been, except to Florence) the French Riviera, and Venice. My husband and I were married in Venice and I want to show the kids. I think my kids would like all of these places. We all love hiking, art, architecture and food, and the kids love to swim. My thought is to try to get a place with a pool in Tuscany and to be near nice beaches in the French Riviera. We don't like to move around too much, especially with the kids.
In Tuscany, I'm pretty sure I want to visit Lucca, Pisa, Pienza, Siena, San Gimignano, and Volterra.
So, what do you think of something like this:
Venice (3 nights)
Tuscany (7 nights, thinking of 5 near Sienna and 2 near Lucca)
French Riviera (7 nights, am thinking possibly Antibes)
I was thinking we could fly into Venice, and out of where? Nice?
Where would we pick up our car for Tuscany? Outside of Venice? Or, should we take the train and then pick up a car and, if so, where?
Do we need a car in the French Riviera?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 2 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 5 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Madrird and Seville
- 9 Greece
- 10 Ludwig Castles
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Lake Como AREA questions
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 23 Iceland
- 24 Spain - day driver advice
- 25 London with Teens Trip Report