I'm planning a trip to Italy and the French Riviera with my husband and twins (who will be 9 at the time). My husband and I have been to Europe a few times (including to Venice, Florence, Rome, the Amalfi Coast, Capri, the Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Como, Milan and Paris), but this will be the kids' first trip.
I want to go to Tuscany (I've never been, except to Florence) the French Riviera, and Venice. My husband and I were married in Venice and I want to show the kids. I think my kids would like all of these places. We all love hiking, art, architecture and food, and the kids love to swim. My thought is to try to get a place with a pool in Tuscany and to be near nice beaches in the French Riviera. We don't like to move around too much, especially with the kids.
In Tuscany, I'm pretty sure I want to visit Lucca, Pisa, Pienza, Siena, San Gimignano, and Volterra.
So, what do you think of something like this:
Venice (3 nights)
Tuscany (7 nights, thinking of 5 near Sienna and 2 near Lucca)
French Riviera (7 nights, am thinking possibly Antibes)
I was thinking we could fly into Venice, and out of where? Nice?
Where would we pick up our car for Tuscany? Outside of Venice? Or, should we take the train and then pick up a car and, if so, where?
Do we need a car in the French Riviera?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Zurich to Milan trip
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 4 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 italy Cinque Terre
- 7 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 8 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 9 San Sebastián
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Northern Ireland ideas
- 12 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 18 Driving through Paris
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 21 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 22 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 23 Electrical Power Conversion
- 24 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 25 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue