Happy new year! I would be gratful for Some advice on family friendly Italian destinations for a beach/coastal/island experience in July. We have 2.5 weeks. The second week will be at a countryside house near Perugia and the last few days in Rome. So we thought a coastal or island stay would be nice for the first week. Just not sure of best and affordable options with two boys aged 4 and 8 by then. Husband and I have been to Italy before and seen the main cities. Husband is keen on amalphi coast but steep terrain may not be wise choice? We will be flying into Rome and will have 5 or 6 nights before we need to be back in rome to pick up hire car for drive to perugia. This is a nice dilemma to have!
Italy, with kids (4 and 8yo)
View all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 3 Spain - Andalucia
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 9 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 10 Trip around Spain
- 11 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 12 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 13 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 14 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 15 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 16 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 One more last question on Bayeux
- 19 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 20 Medieval Tallinn
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia