I'm planning a 13-day trip through Italy (plus two days for travel on each end of the trip). We are flying into Rome and then would like to see Positano on Amalfi Coast, followed by San Gimignano in Tuscany and finally, Florence. Our flight will leave from Florence. I'm having trouble deciding how to divide up our time - each region looks more appealing than the last! - and would appreciate any advice. We would like to see the big tourist-y spots, but don't want to spend the entire trip museum hopping. We're most excited about the food (planning to take a cooking class) and beautiful scenery. What are your recommendations for how long to stay where?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 2 Vigo Spain????
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Paris in August
- 6 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 9 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 10 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 11 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 12 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 15 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 16 Christmas in Spain
- 17 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 18 Train travel to and from Paris
- 19 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 20 Zadar or Sibenik
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 23 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 24 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 25 Driving in Italy