I am travelling to Naples airport on Sunday 30th September for 5 nights and i was planning on getting the train to Rome for 2 nights and staying in Sorrento for 3 nights, however, looking into this i think i will end up wasting alot of time and money travelling to Rome for sucha short stay.
Therefore I was wondering if anyone knew where i should stay? i was planning on doing the 5 full nights in Sorrento as its easy then for me to go and see Pompeii and Capri and the Amalfi Coast, however is 5 days to long?
is there any where else close to Naples that i could stay for half my time? I wouldnt like to stay somewere that has nie restaurants and things tosee and do of a day time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday
Italy - Where to go? Naples/Sorrento/Positano/Ischia/Capri