I am travelling to Naples airport on Sunday 30th September for 5 nights and i was planning on getting the train to Rome for 2 nights and staying in Sorrento for 3 nights, however, looking into this i think i will end up wasting alot of time and money travelling to Rome for sucha short stay.
Therefore I was wondering if anyone knew where i should stay? i was planning on doing the 5 full nights in Sorrento as its easy then for me to go and see Pompeii and Capri and the Amalfi Coast, however is 5 days to long?
is there any where else close to Naples that i could stay for half my time? I wouldnt like to stay somewere that has nie restaurants and things tosee and do of a day time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Valencia Spain
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 10 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 11 Rome Water Shortage
- 12 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 13 Getting around London
- 14 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 15 The DCC scam is spreading
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Train travel to and from Paris
- 18 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 19 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 20 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 23 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 24 Vigo Spain????
- 25 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
Italy - Where to go? Naples/Sorrento/Positano/Ischia/Capri